Thread: 100yensilverNB

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power ueru's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 NA8C, 1998 NB8C
    Thanks Given
    Man, haven't updated in a while!

I drove down to Kobe back in March to pick up a cheap hardtop off Yahoo! Auctions. It was a long drive (and I had to sleep a couple nights in the passenger seat), but everything went as planned. That is, until I got to Kobe, met the seller, and realized that my car didn't come with frankenstein bolts! One slow, creaky drive to the hardware store later, and I managed to bolt it on.

Kobe. One of the last photos my Kyocera T Scope camera shot before it died lol

I drove through Nagano on the way down, but chose to go up the coast and over Hakone on the way back so I could see some old tokaido haha.

Little did I know, this was the last time I'd leave the prefecture for a while. I took my precautions on the trip (no social interaction besides buying food, didn't even use hotels), but infected numbers started getting worse and soon, in April, us teachers were banned from inter-prefectural travel. Still stuck here haha.

I found a Mazdaspeed A-Spec lip on the auctions in April and threw that on the car, along with a Garage Vary headlight intake lid and an Autoexe ram air intake. I painted the lip in ND Roadster Reflex Blue Mica. I just like that color and wanted to try it out. Not sure what will happen when the new front comes.

Then I bought some Watanabe B-types off the auctions in July to replace the CMC02's as my daily wheel. I'm still waiting to put some Z3 Star Specs on the CMC03's, haven't got rid of those! I love Watanabes though and couldn't help myself. 14"x7J +8 (with a 5mm spacer to clear the brake calipers, so effectively +3), guessing the color is standard gunmetal "black". Just for future reference, if you get some Wats that aren't shaved for Roadster caliper clearance, 5mm spacer is the minimum; I wasted my money trying to see if 3mm spacers would work. Spoiler: they don't.

Now it's August and I'm enjoying driving the NB around Tochigi on our shortened summer break. I somehow always end up back at Iroha though haha.

A couple nights ago, enjoying the touge. The Autoexe intake sounds great!

Also bought another something off the auctions recently that I'm really excited about! A long-time dream part of mine, and hopefully I'll have my hands on it by the end of the month.
    flickr
    instagram~ @100yenrainbowmountain

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ueru For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (08-06-2020),benpopham (08-04-2020),dnaha (08-05-2020),Greasemonkey2000 (08-04-2020),MaRcOp01o (08-04-2020),MiataQuest (08-04-2020),MikeA (08-06-2020),oldgrayleather (08-06-2020),Roadster7 (08-04-2020),Satisaii (08-04-2020),tsingson (08-04-2020)