Thread: Chris' Nissan Micra K11 v3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    I got round to finishing the pin stripe and it looks much better now its all the same IMO. I had to re-do most of the passenger side as I wasn't happy with it. Dont get me wrong, this is far from perfect and I'm sure its gonna lift in places over time but its a cheap mod for the time being

An engine swap was always on the cards, sadly nothing extravagant as an SR20 or GA16 but the CG13 or CGA13 from the K11. Fitting a CG13 1.3 Distributor wasnt straight forward as it'll have to be a mix and match of both engines (1.0 coilpack head, 1.3 distributor bottom end and a mixture of the timing chains from what I can gather).

I held out for a CGA13 1.4 from the later coilpack models as it'd be a direct swap. Luckily a friend was breaking her car due to the CVT box going wrong. Spent one Sunday removing the engine and stripping the car while we had the hoist and it was ready to come home.

The following Wednesday I got the block stripped down minus the crankshaft pulley and idler pulley (they've been removed since) ready to be wire brushed,cleaned and painted.

The rocker cover was removed to check the condition of the top end and it's pretty clean considering its got 105k. The car was originally a 1 lady owner who had a Nissan Service pack on so its been looked after

The sump was recently removed so I could clean the oil pick up and check everything was good. Took awhile to remove the original sealant but some fresh VHT RTV was applied and the sump bolted back on.

I've done a whole heap of work but didn't want to bombard the thread with boring photos, including some upgrades But you'll have to wait for the next update to find out
    Last edited by hoodedreeper; 10-17-2020 at 02:39 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (10-23-2020),HarryB (10-18-2020),tsingson (10-19-2020)