Thread: HMT's first car: 1994 Mazda Lantis (basically a 5door Protege Coupe) - Project.L

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! HMT's Avatar
    Drives
    '94 BRG 1.8
    Thanks Given
    Thanks, happy you like it.
    In the meantime, I got a replacement engine for it. I considered rebuilding the one I have but it just would have been a lot more expensive. And as a club member sold his built BP05 to go turbo in his BG, I managed to get it at a fair price.
    It features 84mm Supertech 11:1 pistons, exhintake cams, new seals and bearings and a bunch of new OEM parts. Should be okay for getting the car up and running again. I might still add FI later down the line.
    One Saturday, I went with the train to eastern Germany to meet a mate with his Wagon to go there and get it. It was a nice day out and good to see old friends again. Here it is when we collected it:
    DSC_5721s.jpg
    DSC_5723s.jpg
    And safely made it back home
    DSC_5726s.jpg

I was excited, so I got a spare intake manifold to modify, a Skunk2 TB and a Exedy Stage1 clutch:
    DSC_7098s.jpg
    DSC_7106s.jpg
    DSC_7435.jpg

Also, last summer, I bought a donor car as my drivers seat was a bit worn. So I replaced the whole leather seats as the texture was a bit different on both sets...
    DSC_7408.jpg
    DSC_7405.jpg
    _20200707_092518.jpg
    DSC_7436.jpg

Man, that was fun. To drive the car again after all that time, even if it was just a short distance and the engine was smoking like crazy...just felt like coming home
    Good things shall happen with it this year!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HMT For This Useful Post:

HarryB (01-04-2021),MiataQuest (01-02-2021)