Thread: The 'I told you, you'd be back' build of Misfire, my NB2 w/ F1 inspiration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    07-28-21: I FINALLY got around to taking pics of Misfire with the new Rota Grid 15x7 +20 wheels and Continental ECS 205/50/15 tires after waking up and giving Misfire a much needed cleaning.

So in regards to the new wheel/tire setup....I LOVE the tires and the fitment of the wheels, however I don't love them the way I did the RPF1's. The bronze is too glossy and looks different depending on the lighting which can be seen in these pics. Really wish they were a matte bronze.

I also am not crazy about the concave spokes but unfortunately they don't offer the regular spoke design in this size/offset that I could find. Honestly kind of wish I would have just went ahead and got 15x8's but that would mean a +0mm offset which would mean flares with 205's, depending on ride height.

This setup will be my back up/bad weather/road trip set so in the next 6-8 months I will probably pick up my "daily" setup with 200tw tires. I think I will like the current wheels once lowered, speaking of which.

Due to my own indiscretions(those will be the subject of future posts ), Xida's will not be happening now but I did order coilovers today. Might as well let...

...ordered a set of Megan Racing EZ Street II coilovers(8k/6k or 448/336). I know what alot(most?) of you are thinking BUT I have drove a well sorted NA8(Chase, formally owned by Todd aka MC70) with the original EZ Street coilovers and they rode pretty good, imo.

Granted my seat time was limited but this was comparing them back to back to the $2k custom Fat Cat Motorsports coilovers I had on Warbird at the time. They didn't ride quite as well and I'm confident wouldn't handle at the limits as well but we are comparing coilovers that were 1/4 the price of FCM's.

This will be hold me over coilovers but will get rid of the HORRIBLE KYB Excel G's that are currently on Misfire and get rid of the wheel gap so I think they will suite my current expectations just fine. I SHOULD be able to get Xida's by the end of the year. The coilovers actually already shipped and should be here by Saturday, so I should be able to get them on next week.
    Last edited by Greasemonkey2000; 07-28-2021 at 12:10 PM.
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (07-28-2021),HarryB (07-29-2021),MiataQuest (07-31-2021)