Thread: Skip Cannon, a true Miata legend

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Idling - Listen to it purr... scannon's Avatar
    Drives
    2019 30AE
    Thanks Given
    Its been quite awhile since I visited this forum and I thought it was time to at least update my fleet.

On August 13, 2021 I took delivery of a new C8 Corvette at the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY. That date happened to be a Friday the 13th and my 77th birthday. A friend flew out with me and helped drive it home. The day after I got home when I started it for the first time since the trip I noticed the odometer read 1313 miles. Good thing I don't suffer from triskaidekaphobia.

.C8 shop 7.jpg

It now has nearly 7,000 miles, the car is not a garage queen. I just used it to fill up two 2.5 gallon gas cans for my mower. They fit nicely in the frunk with a doggie pad under them and a towel to fill the space beside them. It also does weekly grocery runs.

When my latest Ram 1500 went off lease I bought it from the lease company then sold it to CarMax and cleared $11,300. One benefit of the crazy rise in prices.

I still have the 30AE.

I needed something that could carry more than two people and had a decent trunk. I decided on a 2021 Honda Accord Sport. Its a rather bland 4 door until you press the Sport button on the center console. Then it comes alive, the turbo response is all but instantaneous, all 232 HP takes the car to a 14.0 second 1/4 mile according to several magazine tests. The steering and brakes also firm up. It has 19" wheels and larger brakes and a 10 speed torque convertor transmission.
    2021 Corvette C8, 3LT, HFC, Z51 Rapid Blue
    2021 Honda Accord Sport
    2019 Miata 30AE
    2013 Baby 7, 5/8th scale Lotus 7 http://s1261.photobucket.com/user/sc...brary/Baby%207
    2014 Crazy Cart modified for adult craziness

2. The Following User Says Thank You to scannon For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (08-08-2022)