Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Where were we?

Seems like SuperMiata jumped on board and are offering an F88-based BBK, which makes my idea obsolete. In parallel, I got the calipers and rotors here, 3D printed placeholders for rotor hats and brackets and tested everything off the car. I have also designed (what I think to be) a pretty cool ducted dust shield, pointing cool air directly to the inside of the hat. Sadly, while close, these will not fit my current wheel setup; on to the shelf they go for now.

Meanwhile, my rear driver damper started leaking, so I need a new suspension setup. Tecnas would be the easy button (and the sensible option given the use of the car), but I like doing things differently and making my life miserable, so I will probably go for a custom 1-piece setup from AST. Goal is a road rally kind of spec (compliant, lots of travel), that will get paired with a set of Supermiata 863 bushings I bought last year.

Engine build is also progressing (slowly), as I am getting super distracted with every small bit. The last one was building a removable timing belt cover, so I can play around with exhaust cam timing without needing to remove the valve cover (which is already a pain, and even more so in VVT cars due to the VVT mechanism and oil feed line). This turned better than expected; will be test fitting it next week, so pictures will have to wait.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HarryB For This Useful Post:

atlex (02-26-2024),oldgrayleather (02-28-2024)