Thread: KYB AGX w/ Flyin' Miata Springs

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! psulja's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Twilight Blue/1991 Mariner Blue
    Thanks Given

KYB AGX w/ Flyin' Miata Springs

Just looking for a general asking price while playing around with some ideas for what to do with my cars for this year.

Currently have fairly new Flyin' Miata springs (<5000kilometers) with older KYB AGX's on my NB. One of the rear shocks is blown. I could include NA or NB top hats, or just sell without tophats. Want to sell this setup and buy coilovers which I will use between both cars because they likely will not be on the road at the same time.

What price should I ask?

Thanks!
    Paul | IG- @psulja
    Build thread:
    1991 Mariner Blue - Built 1.8 swap, EFR, Fab9Tuning, Tii drivetrain

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! jux's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 White A-pkg, '08.5 CWP MS3
    Thanks Given
    This is kinda interesting, I think. If someone just needs something to roll on, look good and for not a ton of money, this would be just the thing.
    I think I sold my AGX w/ stock springs, hats, bumps and whatnot fully assembled for $150ish US.
    Considering that one shock is dead (and can be replaced, of course), I'd think you'd need to expect $250US tops with $175ish being more likely. Have you considered selling the three good shocks and the spring set separately? You might actually get more than with everything together. You can also get good money for the NB hats now & again, since they offer a cheap 1/2" or so of lowering for NAs
    '90 "LE" with red bits - 7/6 Flex, FM Front Bar, 14x7 +19 RPF1, PWR, SPAL, Maxim Works, Thermal R&D, HDHCSDM2, Zoom, Anvil II, 330mm mahogany Deep Corn, AC/PS delete, LE interior, attitude
    '08.5 CWP MS3 GT - AST 4100, TriPoint Rear Sway and Links, JBR STS w/ bushings and lockout plate, Moddiction Anvil II

Drives
    Thanks Given
    I think if I sold the FM springs I would ask about $200 since they are so new, like I said, less than 5000km.

Then just for the 3 AGX's alone I'm not sure what to ask. $100?

Not sure if I'd want to keep the NB tophats, they'd be nice to have but I don't think totally necessary. I'm going to be running the exact same coils between my NA and NB, just one car will use them in the summer and the other in the winter.

I mean the car handles really well even with the one blown shock, I was kind of surprised.
    Paul | IG- @psulja
    Build thread:

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! jux's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 White A-pkg, '08.5 CWP MS3
    Thanks Given
    Three shocks? $50-100, I guess.
    I ran with one dead shock for a while, as well. For a street car, it really wasn't horrible at all.
    '90 "LE" with red bits - 7/6 Flex, FM Front Bar, 14x7 +19 RPF1, PWR, SPAL, Maxim Works, Thermal R&D, HDHCSDM2, Zoom, Anvil II, 330mm mahogany Deep Corn, AC/PS delete, LE interior, attitude
    '08.5 CWP MS3 GT - AST 4100, TriPoint Rear Sway and Links, JBR STS w/ bushings and lockout plate, Moddiction Anvil II

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Thanks for the help. I also forgot to mention they have fatcatmotorsports bump stops and dust boots which are as new as the springs so I think this is how I'll do the pricing.

Fm springs: $200
    KYB AGX's: $100
    NB Tophats: $60
    FCM bumpstops and dust boots: $70
    Total = $430

Take it all, ready to bolt in for $400.

I'll get a for sale ad up in the next couple days when I can get some better pictures.
    Paul | IG- @psulja
    Build thread: