Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miaka

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! D L M's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Well it's been a while since I've done anything with Miaka. Still driving her to the meets and the Vegas guys just got done with a nice cruise to hoover dam and boulder city. Here's a quick video I made of our cruise.

http://youtu.be/tyQ5Y4sWqgc

I've pick up a nice "gently used" radiator and a set of hood lifts from a local Miata used parts seller. This should be going on the car soon. Koyo 53mm radiator

I also found a 1.8 gtx valve cover I'm getting powdercoated red to color match the car. The raised portions will be silver but the letters will be gold. More pics to come after getting it back from powdercoating. Still trying to figure out how to fab a bracket for the coil pack but it shouldn't be too difficult.
    Last edited by D L M; 01-27-2012 at 11:44 PM.
    And when I leave, come together like butt cheeks...

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! diabeetus's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Classic Red CE (Cowabunga Edition)
    Thanks Given
    juzus! this car is awesome! one day mine might look half as good as this one. i have been eye ballin those stance emo. wheels as well, but then i see those bbs wheels on your car which is similar to mine and it throws me way off. back to square one
    Classic RED 90'
    cowabunga dudes!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    1996 Brilliant Black
    Thanks Given
    Never change your wheels again. Perfect.
    1996 Brilliant Black 2,020lbs wet.

Drives
    1995 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by diabeetus View Post
    juzus! this car is awesome! one day mine might look half as good as this one. i have been eye ballin those stance emo. wheels as well, but then i see those bbs wheels on your car which is similar to mine and it throws me way off. back to square one
    Thanks man! I saw pics of your NA and it's pretty clean! I really liked the stance wheels and I planned on keeping them for a while but the more I lurked vwvortex the more I grew to love the look of BBS. Your S2K is seksy as well!

Quote Originally Posted by fitftw View Post
    Never change your wheels again. Perfect.
    Thanks! I don't think I can just because of how committed I became to getting them built the way I wanted them to look! I've been thinking about maybe getting 5mm spacers all around just to fill the wheel gap but it's still just a thought. there are a few other things I'd like to do first. I'm in search of a roll bar!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! hippari's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Champagne MX-5 (sold)
    Thanks Given
    for a second I thought I was reading the "Pics of the Best NA thread".

You have a lovely build.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch SISKO's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    love your miata <3

Drives
    1995 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by hippari View Post
    for a second I thought I was reading the "Pics of the Best NA thread".

You have a lovely build.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISKO View Post
    love your miata <3
    Thank you guys for all the love! The car has definitely come a long way since last march. It seems like right when I feel like I'm done with it, I find something else to install or change. Mod bug has definitely got me!

Drives
    1995 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    So I filed my income tax early this year and the state of Ohio is definitely on point with getting me my money in a hurry and by last Sunday the majority of it has been spent! Here's what I've purchased so far and should be here by the end of the week:

Racing beat intake

My plan is to get the intake powdercoated wrinkle black and polish the racing beat logo and ridges. I think there will be fitment issues with this intake because of my strut tower brace so the brace will probably be coming off.

Jackson Racing ceramic coated header

I found this on craigslist and thought this would be a great upgrade to stock. The seller of this header is also willing to sell me the jr catback setup as well so that will possibly be another install coming in the near future.

Gomiata also started selling the euro rear finish panel that I've been waiting to purchase from slick auto. I picked this up as well and I'm very excited to get it on the car!

http://www.gomiata.com/slick-auto-ma...1990-1997.html

Here's a couple pics after installing the Koyo radiator and cleaning up the wheels.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Beautiful car....and in less than a year? WOW! Love the BBS, and the stance. I'd be interested if you find a front brace that works with the RB intake. I had to take off my brace, and thought a 3 point might work, but never tried any. Keep up the good work.

-Jim

Drives
    1995 Classic Red
    Thanks Given

Mid Feb. Update!

I was contacted by Ben from Dapper Lighting asking me for high def pics of Miaka. I snapped a few pic for him and a few weeks later I found my car on gomiata advertising the Dapper Lighting headlight kit!

I decided to take the radiator cooling panel and polish it up a little bit:

These came in the mail at the start of the month. Using the "V" badge for the nose and the eunos badge on the rear. Gave the roadster badge to a fellow roadster owner:

I was invited to the Project-G grand opening and took a few pics and made a short video! Was very honored to be parked next to the cars that I have been drooling over for the last year now! Met some awesome people which I hope to see again. Here's a link to the video:
    http://youtu.be/evXsRjNm0nI

A few pictures I took. I have a lot more but haven't had a chance to go though them:

Won a Garage Star cooling panel at the Project-G event!

When me and the gf got back from California, I was surprise by UPS with the delivery of the euro rear finish panel!

Better pictures of the new panel will be taken as soon as the weather in Vegas starts clearing up. It's been raining the last day or two!

Drives
    1995 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    A much better shot of the new rear end.

Installed the Racing Beat intake and Garage Star cooling panel this weekend as well.

Idling - Listen to it purr... Funkdenomotron's Avatar
    Drives
    04 MSM Red
    Thanks Given
    This is a really cool car. You have done well. It is probably my second favorite Miata of all time, behind that silver 13b. But I would like to offer my services as a musician to the great state of California, and the rest of the union for that matter. The tunes deposited on the video are more cringe worthy than a medical description of parasitic umptheny underpants niffle biter. Oh and also, move that air filter to the cold side yo.
    Last edited by Funkdenomotron; 03-02-2012 at 11:50 PM.
    "If you really want to have a good time, don't go to a slaughterhouse." -Swayze

Drives
    1995 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    ^^^ Thank you for the complements kind Sir. The next video I make I will pm you for tracks to use. There's a lot more I plan to do with this car. Header and exhaust should be installed next week after I get my bumper repaired (some idiot rear ended me last Wednesday).

Drives
    1995 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    There have been a few changes to Miaka this month. After getting the car back from the rear end collision I had at the start of the month, it was time to start installing some parts. JR header and exhaust have been install. There's definitely a difference in performance and I am happy with it for DD purposes. The Ralco short shifter that was installed in the car was starting to annoy me and it was time to search for a replacement. I didn't mind the notchy feeling of the shifter but the plastic bushing on the shifter broke so I could actually rotate the shifter and it just didn't feel right. After some searching for a SS kit, decided miataroadster SS kit was the way to go. Bill definitely sells some top quality products

And install was a breeze...

Drives
    1995 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    My girlfriend surprised me with my B-day gift and got me a Hard Dog Hardcore roll bar. My girlfriend is super badass...

The install went okay. There were a few of us there so it got done in a few hours.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast