Thread: NA vs NB raceland coil overs?

Idling - Listen to it purr... Droadster's Avatar
    Thanks Given

NA vs NB raceland coil overs?

So I've been doing research and I wanna purchase a set of stock shock/spring setup from an NB and use the top hats and upper bump stops on my NA along with a set of Raceland NB coilovers. Spring rates for NA are: Front-400 lbs/inch Rear-350 lbs/inch as opposed to the NB which are: Front-425 lbs/inch Rear-350 lbs/inch. I want to use these as my beginner set up for a track car considering there is more suspension travel on the NB setup as well. Doing this conversion will I have a stiffer ride or will it be about the same?

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Adam's Avatar
    Drives
    better than your average bear
    Thanks Given
    I've never seen anyone recommend Racelands for the track, even for beginners.
    Ground Control coilover conversions with Koni shocks might suit your track needs better; you can choose your own spring rates, too. If you're on clubroadster.net, contact stormin'norman, he can definitely help you.
    Flat black '95 project

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone concealer404's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Mazda MXSex GT Tarbo - faster than what you've got.
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I've never seen anyone recommend Racelands for the track, even for beginners.
    Ground Control coilover conversions with Koni shocks might suit your track needs better; you can choose your own spring rates, too. If you're on clubroadster.net, contact stormin'norman, he can definitely help you.

Might? I'd say WILL.

You couldn't pay me to trust those things on the track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    One thing I’ve noticed over the years is that if you drive into London at 6am, half of the cars on the roads are Porsches and Astons. Whereas if you go in at ten to nine, they’re all Renaults. Simple solution, then. You want a nice car? Get up earlier and do more work.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power EMMI's Avatar
    Drives
    suupazilla
    Thanks Given
    this forum promote raceland, u should check them out > www.clubroadster.net

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! BMS 4EVER's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    ^ lol

Idling - Listen to it purr... maykelcj's Avatar
    Drives
    91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    I have the NA ones and they are soft. They are better than stock, but you can't co too low or they ride like crap. I guess the NB ones are harder spring with same damper? If yes, then I'll stay with NA ones. The dampers have a hard time controlling the springs as is and harder ones will make it worst. As my experience, if you want to track or autox your car, don't do racelands. I use them on the street and they are better than stock, but not for track performance. Save a couple of hundreds more and get some good spring-shock combo. If what you are lowering the car for looks, yes, racelands are cheap and will get you low. I hope it helps in your decision. Cheers!

my first post!

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Thanks Given
    I have rokkors there ok to bounce but then again I'm not low yet. Maybe 8 clicks left in the rear

Stalled - Fire it up!
    Drives
    Mazda MX-5
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by maykelcj View Post
    I have the NA ones and they are soft. They are better than stock, but you can't co too low or they ride like crap. I guess the NB ones are harder spring with same damper? If yes, then I'll stay with NA ones. The dampers have a hard time controlling the springs as is and harder ones will make it worst. As my experience, if you want to track or autox your car, don't do racelands. I use them on the street and they are better than stock, but not for track performance. Save a couple of hundreds more and get some good spring-shock combo. If what you are lowering the car for looks, yes, racelands are cheap and will get you low. I hope it helps in your decision. Cheers!

my first post!
    I guess the NB ones are harder spring with same damper? If yes, then I'll stay with NA ones. The dampers have a hard time controlling the springs as is and harder ones will make it worst. As my experience, if you want to track or autox your car, don't do racelands. I use them on the street and they are better than stock, but not for track performance.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power morr's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    I have NB Racelands on my NB. Aside from the look of being lower, I absolutely hate them. If I never had to get out of my car to see the ride height, I'd have kept the stock suspension I would suggest keep saving money, get more seat time on your stock suspension, then get a better entry level setup once you've learned the car.
    RoadsterLife<3

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power EMMI's Avatar
    Drives
    suupazilla
    Thanks Given
    sell them before they blow and get a "functional fixed" suspension combo. (shock n spring combo)

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power morr's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Yeah, that's what I plan to do. Or I might try FM's Vmaxx.
    RoadsterLife<3

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Maikeru's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I have NB coils on my NA with NA top-mounts. I love the fronts but the rear is total garbage. I rub around almost every corner above 30mph.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EMMI View Post
    sell them before they blow and get a "functional fixed" suspension combo. (shock n spring combo)

This times 100%, save up a tad longer and get some Tein's or something, it will be worth it in the end!

Idling - Listen to it purr... flamehead08's Avatar
    Drives
    97 montego miata
    Thanks Given
    +1 very few miatas around where I'm from. Met one that had racelands he said he liked them then he said it felt like a Buick ... I knew then there's no way I'd have. Racelands. I have since saved up and have some tein basis on the way.