Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New member

Idling - Listen to it purr... MiataGRL91's Avatar
    Drives
    a Miata
    Thanks Given
    http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredveh...zda_miata/Just wanted to try this it is a link to an old article about my car in Euro Tunner mag. If it doesn't work , Google lisa Rikers 91 miata.

Drives
    a Miata
    Thanks Given
    Ya! doesn't work you have to google Lisa Rikers 91 miata and click on the euro tunner article.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by MiataGRL91 View Post
    All the guages are functional. To tell the truth not all are needed. [Volts] Good to know, [Boost] always the same ;supercharged, but it would tell me if I had a problem with my charger. [Vac] great if you care, [Nitrous] lets me know when my bottle is getting low. All said I love the look of the auto meters
    Wow, Super and nitrous! O.K. now I get it!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Muti007's Avatar
    Drives
    AP2 S2000, LS430 & GX470
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Wow, Super and nitrous! O.K. now I get it!
    I kinda dont still, but hey, its not my car or $$. What I really dont get though is why would a Miata be featured in a magazine about European tuner cars?
    M
    Love all, trust a few, do harm to none....William Shakespeare

Drives
    a Miata
    Thanks Given
    My car was featured in many magazines around the world. I attended a lot of trade shows and my miata was usually in someone's booth. There is a lot of publicity at these shows { like SEMA} you meet photographers from everywhere on the globe. I was fortunate that my car has been featured in 15 magazines and numerous web articles. I have even done a commercial for Ignited. My car is also one of the ENKIE add cars . The add was seen in Sport Compact Car. Superstreet ,and Turbo magazine. Most magazines are not just about one type of car. I don't remember the last time I picked up a major car magazine to only find one type of car in it. I think that would really narrow down the odds of selling that mag. Most photographers work for more than one magazine and it is very common to be featured in a magazine here in the US, and find out that the same article and pics were published in a different mag over-sea's. This article was actually the first time my car was shot for Superstreet here in the US and this Article came out at the same time in England.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Muti007's Avatar
    Drives
    AP2 S2000, LS430 & GX470
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by MiataGRL91 View Post
    My car was featured in many magazines around the world. I attended a lot of trade shows and my miata was usually in someone's booth. There is a lot of publicity at these shows { like SEMA} you meet photographers from everywhere on the globe. I was fortunate that my car has been featured in 15 magazines and numerous web articles. I have even done a commercial for Ignited. My car is also one of the ENKIE add cars . The add was seen in Sport Compact Car. Superstreet ,and Turbo magazine. Most magazines are not just about one type of car. I don't remember the last time I picked up a major car magazine to only find one type of car in it. I think that would really narrow down the odds of selling that mag. Most photographers work for more than one magazine and it is very common to be featured in a magazine here in the US, and find out that the same article and pics were published in a different mag over-sea's. This article was actually the first time my car was shot for Superstreet here in the US and this Article came out at the same time in England.
    Please understand, I dont doubt anything youre saying nor did I mean in any way to offend you. Your car is far too over the top for me and not my cup of tea, but then it doesnt have to be either, its not mine. Im sure there are plenty of folks that love it and clearly you have poured a lot of hard work, blood sweat and tears (not to mention $$$!!) into it which I respect big time. I just dont understand the logic, on the part of the publisher, of featuring a Japanese car in a magazine specifically called Eurotuner. It would be like a magazine strictly devoted to Porsches featuring a Cadillac as its main feature article. Not taking any shot at you, just doesnt make any sense to me is all.
    Last edited by Muti007; 07-22-2012 at 09:45 AM.
    M
    Love all, trust a few, do harm to none....William Shakespeare

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Soledad's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Silverstone, '08 'Niseko' Icy Blue Metallic
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post

Drives
    a Miata
    Thanks Given
    Basically its all about money. Both magazine are owned by Peterson publishing. They sold mags over here and mags over there using the same pics and article.

Drives
    a Miata
    Thanks Given
    Here's a pic of my poster in the garage me and my ride. Also Enkie add101_0020.jpg101_0004.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123