Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Charlie's Na6 Story :D

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone wannafbody's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    And I thought I was the only guy to have an exhaust fall off on track. In my case it happened while a friend was driving the car so he looked like the idiot-LOL

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Muti007's Avatar
    Drives
    AP2 S2000, LS430 & GX470
    Thanks Given
    Needs a bigger wing.
    M
    Love all, trust a few, do harm to none....William Shakespeare

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! iamdallas's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    335!? Awesome numbers!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Charlie's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    update:

So another trackday came and went on sunday. This was a different track with a different setup during the day. They had sprint sessions, cruise session where you could race people on the straight and a skid pan. Was setup to be an awesome day.

Started bright and early that morning. Met up with some mates at the servo local to the track for some breaky before we headed out to get setup.

Got setup, did driver briefing and went out for the first sprint session.

What a technical track, a lot difficult to master then the previous one.. Little to no front end grip coming into the hair pins and along the high speed sweepers it was an arse clenching experience being top of 5th with not much track to work with.

Screen shot from harry's lap timer gives u an idea of the layout.

Being chased by my mate in his supercharged k20/24 civic

Next up was the cruise session. This was so much fun.. having re reign of the track and racing whoever we please. Was good to test out the new power to
    So much fuel

heres a quick race again an s15 with an 3076r.. Making a fair bit of power i cant remember how much. Would have been good if we took off the same

http://youtu.be/RJ0NYiS12xg

Lining up ready to go out for another sprint session. Started to find my grove here and was really enjoying it

Next up i decided to try out the skid pan haha.. So much fun but difficult at the same time.

This is where it gets pear shaped. After the skid pan session i went out for another cruise session and then the car started playing up. I went back to the pits and fucked around with it for a while till i concluded that it was running on 3 cylinders.. Somewhere in the wiring harness there was an error and it wasnt sending a signal to No. 1 Injector. As i wiggled it around it seem to fix it just breifly but then went back to 3 cyinders.. Thats where my day ended.

For the rest of the day i was passenger in a couple of mates cars which was just as fun. Came time to go home and i got it running back on all 4 so quickly made my way out the gates and on the way home. About 1 km into the drive car started struggling a lot and air fuels were going crazy so i pulled over.. Was barely running by this point. So i decided to just call a tow truck before i do any more damage.

Took the bumper off while i waited for the tow truck.

admired the crazy as skies going on behind us

two hours after calling the tow company the truck arrived and picked me up and took me home.

And thats where i left it... Time to take out the harness and start trouble shooting the cause. I really enjoyed the skid pan so i wanna start learning how to get sideways and hold it properly

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power The Platypus's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 White
    Thanks Given
    Your car just really does not like you
    Brandon
    My Build | flikr | BC Garage Blog | Instagram - @bcgarage

Thanks Given
    Update:

So since sunday we took the wiring out and started stripping it back to see what we could find... It was pretty dodge to say the least. So much for a mate helping me out by making this. I wont go into what actually caused the problem as there could be a few reasons. So we are building a new harness from scratch

This will solve all my issues and its something i can have piece of mind with Thats underway now but i wont be seeing my car till after World Time Attack in sydney next weekend

I also found that im hitting my cooler piping under brakes and compression so as ive never been to happy with how this actually fitted i decided to re route it back inside the engine bay.. This will make it much easier to access and should solve my problems. Plus i can re use that pipe just by cutting and re welding bits and pieces win win.

Went down to the hardware store and picked up some flexible pipe used in bathrooms Good thing about this is you can actually set a shape or route without loosing it so it worked perfect to find the right path.

Also have this coming in the mail this week

Very keen to say the least. Ill be using this when the big wing isnt on.

Updates next week

Thanks Given
    Update:

So i went down to Sydney to go to the World Time Attack Challenge this weekend and man it was sick. Awesome cars, awesome mates made for another sick trip.

Cars there were phenomenal to say the least.. The amount of work that goes into the pro class cars is out of this world.

Favourite car was the Top Fuel S2k. This thing looks amazing.

Home town favourite 'nemo' the carbon bodied Evo took out the event smashing the previous record by 3 seconds set by Cyber Evo last year. Amazing stuff from there team. Looks may not be for everyone but man, u can deny the results.

Made me very excited to get back out to the track and start nailing my setup. Id love to compete in the clubsprint class (street tires) so plan is to stick to the rs-3s and just become a better driver on those instead of going to semis.. It would be good to be competitive but even if im not id love to be there to experience it.

Later this year in the off season i am tossing up whether to sell the 6 speed before it blows and make way for a Quaife 5 speed dog box or just stick with it. See how i go. Hopefully splitter brackets will be ready to send out soon as well .

Updates during the week when i get the car back, new boot lid etc.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! AHHthatsJDMyo's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue
    Thanks Given
    Can't wait to see the home made wiring harness! I've been toying with the idea of making one myself as well.

Thanks Given
    So finally got my new boot delivered.. Was so excited, till i opened it up

Back corners broken off and crack in the main duck tail part > So pissed. Thinking of what to do now.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Muti007's Avatar
    Drives
    AP2 S2000, LS430 & GX470
    Thanks Given
    Man that sucks!!! Im pissed for you!
    M
    Love all, trust a few, do harm to none....William Shakespeare

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Damn man. That really sucks. That trunk is really nice.

Thanks Given
    Update:
    So today has been a sick day. First off. Went to work and got told im doing a night shift so i got to go home Thought about what to do and decided to make a cluster panel to mount my Stack cluster to

Went down and got a template of the cluster, traced that onto some flat material i had laying around at home and proceded to cut the shape out

Went back down to test fit it and make sure it was gonna work. It was. So i traced out where i needed to cut a hole in a the back and came back home to do that. Few coats of paint later and it was ready to go. Took it back down with a drill to drill the holes in the back to mount the actual cluster. All goooood.

and test fitted it in the cabin

So wrapped with the outcome. Very very happy with it One less thing to do now ;)

Also the plugs ive been waiting for finally came in So my harness was finished off ready to be put back into the car

Thanks Given
    Update

So i went and picked up my boot lid from Mayne Paint and Panel in Newmarket and was so happy to see it complete. They did a phenomenal job on the paint and repairs. Cannot recommend these guys enough.

Went straight down and fitted it up

Very happy with the results even though its not what i first had hoped for Updates and better pics over the weekend when i get the car running with the Stack Dash

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power The Platypus's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 White
    Thanks Given
    Painted carbon fiber looks better anyways IMO.

Car looks great man. Are you still getting that feature that you mentioned in an earlier post?
    Brandon
    My Build | flikr | BC Garage Blog | Instagram - @bcgarage

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power treeafodo's Avatar
    Drives
    a rustbucket.
    Thanks Given
    This car is so clean. It looks so fast! I've been following your thread on CR for a while, good to see it here too.
    Austin.
    Lexy (Little Hobo) - Transforming from Wreck to Race Car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueiii View Post
    Your priorities seem a bit messed up to me, although that's because I try to get my lap times to decrease.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast