Thread: Suspension Help & concern

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch RvoemaG's Avatar
    Thanks Given

Suspension Help & concern

Question: How bad is it to drive around w/ loose coilover perch (front passenger side)? i just tightened it up over the wkend & its loose again.
    My guess is...not so bad as long as the top & bottom of that coilover is torqued to d car. But pls correct me if im wrong.
    Thanks

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Caoboy's Avatar
    Drives
    a miata
    Thanks Given
    You're fine. Tighten it whenever you get the chance though. I drove around with a broken spring for 3 months.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone DK Wolf's Avatar
    Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Yeah... take advice from the guy who drives around with a broken spring. Sounds like a fucking genius.

Any imbalance in the suspension is not good IMO. Shit like that hinders handling and you never know how bad it could get. Shit your perch could snap off if not properly tightened and next thing you know you're on a limp dick.

Just clean the coilover up, make sure there is no oil or grease (use gasoline to wipe it down, or other cleaners, gas is my fav). And tighten it.. if the fucker still comes off.. locktight that shit.
    1994 Mazda Miata, 1992 Mazda Miata Sold, 1995 Mazda Rx7 (500hp) Sold, 1999 Subaru GC8 (310hp) Sold