Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miatas at Boone this September

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Thumper13's Avatar
    Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    I hope you are the last guy in line then. I'd hate to think you left a straggler behind to get lost.

Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    The Dragon has got nothing on these roads and we haven't even hit the big ones yet. Very little traffic,great people and a definitely fantastic event. You guys are missing fun times if you don't join Bernie and me next year for MiB #4

Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    Well,wse got to drive the Siuth side if the Snake Rd today ( soory if I make no sense,the friigin moon shine is out of this world ) Truly the nectar of the Gods. Now as to the roads,unlike it's bigger cousin the Dragon,our runs are on the snake 480 curves ( curves in N.C. ain't like the sissy poop curves in Florida,and less traffic than its older cousin The Drgaon...but with almost ZERO traffic Minuteman ans i are both still learning our cars with our new tires while ridding with the " Spirited " gropu. Up here "spirited" means fucking fast and may the spirit be you co pilot because I do swear I saw God's face looking in on the front of my windshield . Give me a month up here and I'll be pushin on their rear bumpers These roads demand you have full faith in your car,it's suspension and where the rubber meet the road. You stray off the brake,downshift and go like hell. If you car is right you just blow through these changing elevation hairpins both up and down.

The old racers adage is true,never ever step on your brake mid turn,at an auto x you kill some cones,on a racetrack you spin out,up here you can kill your car and yourself ! I can't wait to come back next year

Woo Hoo !!! one more full day of the Snake.......if you have never run the snake before make sure you bring an extra par of drawers cause at some point even the best of up here make a mistake. Do that once or twice and bad things happen. Pictures will be posted on Miata.Net next week ( sorry PHAT ) they will be worth seeing,especially the one of me and the look of shear terror
    Last edited by Thumper13; 09-23-2012 at 04:26 AM.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    nc215 out towards silva/cashiers. trust me, you'll love it

Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    This is a must do event for any red blooded Miata driver. This is two trips in one.

1) Tourist,you get to see some beautiful country at a calm speed with a few invigorating,but not scarey moments. ( Not my cup o tea )
    2)Spirited, ( an understatement ) Roads ( that's me ),including The Snake at some butt clinching speeds that are on roads much less traveled than their cousin,The Dragon. ( not for the faint of heart )

MiB 4 watch for details,this is the most fun ( spirited ) you can have on public roads with your clothes on. Really great people from all over the place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12