Thread: Used Tein Flex $500

THAT'S AWESOME, CHEN FooSchnickens's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given

Used Tein Flex $500

I'm selling my Teins because I don't need to be dumped any more. Or something. I dunno.

Anywho, you're probably wondering why they're so cheap. Good question! Let me lay it out for you.

The fronts are close to being due to be rebuilt. Not a huge deal as the Tein service center is right in our backyard. I think it's $125 per shock for a full rebuild which basically gives you an entirely new shock assembly save the outer shell and piston. The rears are a slightly different story. I had been running aftermarket top hats on them for a long time and after selling them I put the originals back on. When I reassembled them the pistons would not stay put in the top hats and just pushed right on through. So somewhere between the time I took them off and put them back on I either lost a part or wore something out. I don't know what they need to work right as I haven't had time to research all the different bits involved. Tein should be able to get them right as rain, though. The rears are newer than the fronts and have a good 10k miles left on them before needing a rebuild.

So, that's that. Considering used sets of these typically go for around $700 with the mileage I have on them, I'm taking an additional $200 off of that to account for any parts/labor it would take to make the rears whole again.

Will take paypal or cash. Also willing to trade plus give you cash for a new or like-new set of Konis with Koni, Eibach or GC springs.

f00tography
    Chean Chay: they dont have pho in mexico
    In our minds. In our reality. In our world we are QUEEN DUCHESS TEAPOT HABERDASHERY!! RULER OF ALL!! PARTY OF ONE!!!
    http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...9616511700.png

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone etikoner's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    Pmed.

Let me know if you're interested in my set-up

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Are these still available?