Thread: Kmart Collector Day event on November 3rd, 2012

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts

Kmart Collector Day event on November 3rd, 2012

Kmart Collector Day event on November 3rd, 2012

The end of the year is here and we’ve got the fourth and final vehicle in the 2012 collector mail-in series waiting to complete your collection. This specially decorated Collector Edition Custom '66 Dodge A100 is ready to roll… all you have to do is buy 20 selected Hot Wheels basic cars from participating Kmart stores from November 3, 2012, through December 5, 2012, and we’ll send it speeding your way!

There are certain vehicles that can be counted on to deliver the goods, and this workhorse gets an “A” for looks as well as performance. With a number "4" deco to signify its place in the series and British Racing Green on a Spectraflame dark green body, your van will arrive with “Collector Edition” blister card packaging in a Kar Keepers clamshell.

Even better, pallets full of sweet new 2012 Hot Wheels singles are headed to Kmart stores for this year’s final Kmart Collector Day event on November 3rd. You’ll have tons of new cars to choose from, including special Kmart colors and first-to-market releases, giving you plenty of options for your mix of 20 cars.

source: http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/n...x?news_id=1457

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Some of these cars scheduled for release at this event are; Nissan Skyline GT-R R34, Nissan 350Z, ASTON-MARTIN-DBS, Toyota AE-86 Corolla

not sure what the Treasure Hunt is gonna be yet.

Toyota AE-86 Initial-D.jpg

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power maharaj's Avatar
    Drives
    angry
    Thanks Given

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Thanks for the reminder Phat! I'm NOT going to miss this one!

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Man, I was there early with another dude my age and we got our tickets before anyone else showed up. Then people started strolling in a couple minutes after 9, sipping their Dunkin' Doughnut coffees and were given tickets too even though they were late.

One guy brought his wife who was obviously uninterested in Hot Wheels. Well, everyone who showed up late got winning tickets and got to open their own boxes. That wife got the treasure car in hers: the Corvette with rubber tires. She didn't even know what it was but her husband was going nuts with excitement.

The other dude and I didn't get our numbers called so we had to sit there and watch all the late-comers pick through all the best cars. I'm going to get a temporary job at K-mart right before the next event and pull some SEAL Team 6 action in the stock room the night before.
    Last edited by Agent☣Orange; 11-03-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Drives
    Sharka
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,278 Posts
    The ghetto Kmart I chose to visit this morning wasn't one of the participating ones. I was the sad.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by revlimiter View Post
    The ghetto Kmart I chose to visit this morning wasn't one of the participating ones. I was the sad.
    Adam, for a list of participating U.S. Kmart stores click on this link! http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/h...emberevent.htm

My store had different cases than the other stores in the area, I had to visit 2 other stores to locate more of the Initial-D Toyota AE-86, and silver VW Golf GTi that I was looking for.

Still have not found more of the Red Skyline, or Orange Silvia yet, they will most likely appear in the C or D case codes. I have only one of each now which I got from an International case last month, so some of the guys over seas probably are finding them by now.

Drives
    Sharka
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    Adam, for a list of participating U.S. Kmart stores click on this link! http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/h...emberevent.htm
    Darn. hahaha, I'm still a novice at this. I shoulda knew not every store would participate. I picked the one in the city that wasn't it looks like...

By the way, HUGE HUGE thanks for the toy surprises with my last package!!!