Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confused track/drift Eunos

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! titch's Avatar
    Drives
    '97 BRG.
    Thanks Given
    So, just back from the Nurburgring. 2nd time there with the car, 3rd time there overall. Best year yet. Car was awesome as ever. I 'didn't' time any laps, and 'didn't' do a 9:48 (with a 100kg passenger too)... So I 'wasn't' almost a minute quicker than the last time I 'didn't' time my lap when the car was standard. I've got no doubt it could go faster without a passenger, and if I were to treat it like a proper track, but I have no intentions of doing that and risking doing damage and running up a bill.

Think new pads may soon be needed (Fluid most definitely will be, hasn't been changed properly (bleeding after new calipers aside) since not long after buying the car). Brakes were fine for the most part, but seemed to struggle with heat capacity, towards the middle of a lap (Wehrseifen - Bergwerk, the long uphill section after seemed to give them time to cool) they started to go a bit long and lose bite, despite me not having had trouble on any UK circuits, so I guess it's just the fact that the pads are already getting a bit thin and the fluid is shot.

Parked in the hotel:

And a couple of shots i've found of it on track:

So, yeah. I wanna go back there already.

And a couple from JAE (I love it with the hardtop on, even if it is a bit hot on days like JAE was on):

Really think aside from painting the hardtop and wheels properly, and tidying the paintwork up, it's about done exterior wise.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! titch's Avatar
    Drives
    '97 BRG.
    Thanks Given
    So... I went through the phase of selling it AGAIN. Had some guy looking at it for a swap for his EG Civic, but in the end decided it wasn't the best idea, since he has a kid. I started getting it ready to sell, put the carpet back in, sorted the rather serious oil leak (nothing more than the rocker cover thank God), got some fresh oil and rear brake pads, put a thread up on here for some seats, and was all ready to go and collect a pair from a guy...

But then a mate persuaded me to go up to Buxton again. I'll leave my car at home, and that way I won't be swayed into keeping it. How wrong I was, just being there, going out as a passenger with a mate (in a 5 series touring, of all things!) reminded me of how much fun it is, not only that, but how much of an awesome atmosphere there is. So - much to the annoyance of friends on FB - I decided it was staying again. This time, however, I intend on keeping it a bit tidier, the carpet's staying in, etc.

While I was fixing the aforementioned oil leak, I took the opportunity to spray my rocker cover. It's Metallic black, with a dusting of Peugeot Cherry red:

Then I did something i'd been wanting to do for some time, and removed the soft top. It was an extra 16kg (as weighed by myself) that I was lugging around. Not only that, but it was about as high up as it could be, ruining the CoG etc etc. So i'm a hardtop only guy now.

Not to mention the fact that the rear shelf looks considerably tidier without the soft top folded up on there.

Cue a couple of obligatory shitty dirty car whoring shots (phone, i'm afraid)...

Couple of quick pics from a pretty huge event, that i'd forgotten about (read about the event here ;) http://titch.combustionpunks.co.uk/?p=267):

Went to Buxton, did more skids:

Guess which was the outside tyre for the majority of the time:

Went to a local Jap meet:

Replaced my drop links, guess this could be the cause for a clunk i'd been getting...

Replaced my brake pads all round, rattle canned my front lip quickly (again), and rattle canned my ducktail so instead of it being grey/black, it's now black/black.

And, most recently, I got my hardtop bolted on with Jass' mounts. Chassis rigidity increased, less squeaks etc:

Tight fit with the cage:

Number plate's relocated to the side, using a Jass mount too, looks 1000x better:

All being well, that'll be about it now, a new pair of front wings will be needed at some point, a brake fluid change, and hopefully an MDF front splitter, but other than that, I don't intend on spending too much on it now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123