Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Oh-io!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Doward's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I was also up at Mid Ohio with Emilio and Tom.
    There is a Buckeye Chapter of the Miata Club of America here, thats your wine n cheesers. Except we host our own private autocrosses! We usually have 6-8 per year, spring through fall. Then there are a couple of us from MiataTurbo.net that get together 2-3 times a summer. The weather makes it hard for a KINOD like thing to take hold. Im at every Mid Ohio NASA event instructing and am always trying to get people to come up.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Drives
    2004 MSM #3693
    Thanks Given
    There's quite a few folks from the Akron / Cleveland area that come down to Mid-Ohio for the NASA events. Just... very few of them have Miatas. Strong Ohio membership all around on the other forums that I'm on. Will keep you folks posted on events that come up. I always have cookouts at my place throughout the summer, also have wrenching meets from time to time too. I'm 2 hours north of Columbus tho.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given
    Where at 2 hours north of C-bus? If you have wrenching meets I will (likely) be there!
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! MartyMcfly's Avatar
    Drives
    Crystal White '92 Miata
    Thanks Given
    facebook.com/fatmansinvasion

Easily one of the largest car events in the region. Everyone should show up for the spring opener! Like the page on FB and they'll update you when the date is available.

Drives
    2004 MSM #3693
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueiii View Post
    Where at 2 hours north of C-bus? If you have wrenching meets I will (likely) be there!
    I'm near Akron in Munroe Falls.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! XCLR8TN's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 BRG Miata, 1991 White Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Wait a second....Were you the guy that flew out here and was staying with 949 driver Sonny W. the past few days in SoCal? If so, I'm the other guy that lives in that house! I was in Columbus last week, and all over the east coast the past 3 weeks.

Tight and technical, I like it. Although I also like some elevation changes and Nelson Ledges looks pretty flat. I'm being too picky though. Good to hear that track days are easy to come by!
    No... I'm a chick, lol.

Nelson is pretty flat. I took video in the Miata when I went:

And, I never joined the local Miata club mainly because it was all older married couples. I want to go fast, lol.
    *Jess*
    1991 White Mazda Miata
    1991 BRG Mazda Miata LS6 swap coming soon (getting close!)

Drives
    '02 Laser Blue Mica
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,613 Times in 1,406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XCLR8TN View Post
    And, I never joined the local Miata club mainly because it was all older married couples. I want to go fast, lol.
    Hey! I'm old[er than you] and married, and I like to go fast...
    Quote Originally Posted by DazedAndConfused
    I dont know a word you just said, but that **** sounded COOL.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! XCLR8TN's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 BRG Miata, 1991 White Miata
    Thanks Given
    Haha, I don't mean it like that. Just those people weren't on the same page I was. I'm not generalizing, I went to a few meets to feel them out.

I may show up again once my car is done though lol
    *Jess*
    1991 White Mazda Miata
    1991 BRG Mazda Miata LS6 swap coming soon (getting close!)

Drives
    '02 Laser Blue Mica
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,613 Times in 1,406 Posts
    Haha, I don't mean it like that. Just those people weren't on the same page I was. I'm not generalizing, I went to a few meets to feel them out.

I may show up again once my car is done though lol
    I know what you meant. It's all good
    Quote Originally Posted by DazedAndConfused
    I dont know a word you just said, but that **** sounded COOL.

Drives
    2004 MSM #3693
    Thanks Given
    I'm home! Haven't had more than 10 minutes to myself, but I'm here anyway.

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    Home, but still crazy.

What Bryan has said is why I haven't signed up for the Cincy Miata club. I'm not hardcore by any means but I do like my performance. I don't need anyone telling me I shouldn't do what I want to my car. Plus I'm not a big joiner anyway (being gone so much has a lot to do with that).
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Grumpy's Avatar
    Drives
    Grumman Wildcat (ok, 92 Miata) :
    Thanks Given

Re: Oh-io!

Guess all the clubs in Ohio are similar, lol. Same situation here. I did join if only cause I miss hanging with miata folks. They're having a polar bear run on New years eve (day). We will see how that goes!

Drives
    2005 Black Mica Mazdaspeed
    Thanks Given
    Well, it's definite, as of this afternoon: I'm moving from Los Angeles to Columbus. I'll probably be locating myself in the Worthington/Westerville area, but definitely the north end of town. Looking forward to meeting Miata peeps in Ohio, and doing some track days at Mid-Ohio and Nelson Ledges....and wherever else might be within about a 3 hour drive.

I'm not at all a knowledgeable mechanic (though I've done all the mods myself, with the help/guidance of friends), and not really a very knowledgeable driver when it comes to the technical stuff - though I've been running at the top of the Intermediate run groups at the Cali track events, and at least mid-pack in the Advanced Intermediate groups. In April I'm driving back out to Cali for a big event at Laguna Seca, and my first open passing track day!!!

My car is a 2005 Mazdaspeed, Black Mica. Flyin Miata Intake kit, Boss Frog double hoop roll bar, Racing beat front sway, Flyin Miata springs on my stock Bilsteins, and a few other odds and ends. And 6ULs/R-S3s for track days. The car will remain mine until I'm too old to drive!

In SoCal we have Speed Ventures, ExtremeSpeed, etc: organizations that rent tracks for the weekend, and then run track events for everybody who signs up (Speed Ventures does a season long Miata Challenge series, competition for lap times). Are there parallel organizations running track events in Ohio? I looked at the Mid-Ohio site and didn't see much of that kind of event. Maybe its mainly NASA events?

Quote Originally Posted by The Phen View Post
    Strong Ohio membership all around on the other forums that I'm on. Will keep you folks posted on events that come up. I always have cookouts at my place throughout the summer, also have wrenching meets from time to time too. I'm 2 hours north of Columbus tho.
    What forums have the strongest Ohio Miata communities?

No... I'm a chick, lol.
    Yeah, sorry for the assumption lol. I learned your identity talking with Sonny when he got back from Thunderhill 25. He says, by the way, that you and another girl there were awesome and worked pretty much straight through.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    '05 Mazdaspeed, Black Mica, w/ '04 black/red interior.
    Flyin Miata intake kit, Flyin Miata springs on stock Bilsteins, 15x9 949Racing 6ULs for track days,
    Racing Beat front sway, 949 endlinks, Turbosmart boost controller, Boss Frog double hoop maxx

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Doward's Avatar
    Thanks Given

Oh-io!

Well, it's definite, as of this afternoon: I'm moving from Los Angeles to Columbus. I'll probably be locating myself in the Worthington/Westerville area, but definitely the north end of town. Looking forward to meeting Miata peeps in Ohio, and doing some track days at Mid-Ohio and Nelson Ledges....and wherever else might be within about a 3 hour drive.
    Grattan, Gingerman, BeaveRun, Nelson, Mid Ohio, etc
    Check the NASA Great Lakes and NASA Midwest schedules. We have a crossover event once a year. Usually at mid Ohio.

In SoCal we have Speed Ventures, ExtremeSpeed, etc: organizations that rent tracks for the weekend, and then run track events for everybody who signs up (Speed Ventures does a season long Miata Challenge series, competition for lap times). Are there parallel organizations running track events in Ohio? I looked at the Mid-Ohio site and didn't see much of that kind of event. Maybe its mainly NASA events?
    We certainly don't have the same selection or volume of events. NASA/SCCA are the big two, Chin Motorsports and MVP Track Time host a few weekends per year. I also take advantage of BMW. And Porsche club events.

What forums have the strongest Ohio Miata communities?
    Honestly, Facebook. Lol. "Ohio Miata Owners"
    There are Ohio threads on all the big forums I suppose. But theyre not very active.

Drives
    2005 Black Mica Mazdaspeed
    Thanks Given
    Thanks for the information : )
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    '05 Mazdaspeed, Black Mica, w/ '04 black/red interior.
    Flyin Miata intake kit, Flyin Miata springs on stock Bilsteins, 15x9 949Racing 6ULs for track days,
    Racing Beat front sway, 949 endlinks, Turbosmart boost controller, Boss Frog double hoop maxx

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast