Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Morr's quest for a fun daily driver!

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Yeah if mine starts to go, I will do an aluminum one and just get it over with. Something about plastic and heat doesn't sit too well with me.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power morr's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Yeah it's one of those things that I figured I'd like to have a higher quality part, but since I don't track my car yet I figured I'd be fine with an OEM piece. But I guess I'd rather have something that's capable of handling more than what I'd put it thru.

edit: My long-term goal is to pick up an NA to turn into a retro inspired/comfortable DD and have my NB as more of a classy track car if that makes sense I want to keep the full interior (LE carpet, lotus seats, etc) but focus more on having it run efficiently and be comfortable for hours of seat time.

Speaking of which, I did recently notice an M-Edition for sale at a private lot on my way to work
    RoadsterLife<3

Drives
    90 NA6
    Thanks Given
    Plastic endtanks=no bueno. I kept on bursting OEM radiators at the track until I decided to just upgrade to aluminum if I ever break one.
    Boss Performance Shift Knobs!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

adamvanxxx: I just realized the S in your logo is a header.
    hippari: my mind is so blown right now.

Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Yeah, I'm probably gonna be ordering an aluminum one just to be safe. I'll also most likely hit you up for a quick release or some other goodies once I get my tax return
    RoadsterLife<3

Drives
    90 NA6
    Thanks Given
    Sounds great, just let me know!

It's not the end of the world to get one with plastic end tanks, but with repeated heat cycles they WILL rupture over time. It just depends on how hot you get it up to on a regular basis. Most of my Miata's I drive hard pretty regularly so plastic end tanks have never survived long. For an M.netter type daily who never sees AX or the track though, it would be more than fine. I'd much rather just get an aluminum one and forget about it.
    Boss Performance Shift Knobs!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

adamvanxxx: I just realized the S in your logo is a header.
    hippari: my mind is so blown right now.

Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by bedheadben View Post
    Sounds great, just let me know!

It's not the end of the world to get one with plastic end tanks, but with repeated heat cycles they WILL rupture over time. It just depends on how hot you get it up to on a regular basis. Most of my Miata's I drive hard pretty regularly so plastic end tanks have never survived long. For an M.netter type daily who never sees AX or the track though, it would be more than fine. I'd much rather just get an aluminum one and forget about it.
    Will do! Well the sad thing is, I didn't really push the car until MATG and it was overheating well before that. Surprisingly, it only overheated maybe three times on the Dragon... because I was in 2nd or 3rd gear near redline for so long. Driving home was a different story. I couldn't go above 45mph without it overheating. That was with the heat blasting on '4' the entire time. So a 9 hour drive turned into a 12 hour drive, and boy was it miserable. I was sunburned too, so I couldn't even hang my arm out the window for some relief

At this point, aluminum is overkill for the type of driving I do (mainly DD with the occasional spirited drive) but I'd rather have something that's more than capable of handling what I do and not have to worry about it with another OEM replacement. I figure worse case scenario I'll have a good warranty if the rad were to crap out on me.
    Last edited by morr; 02-22-2013 at 10:56 PM.
    RoadsterLife<3

Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    So I'm pretty f*cking annoyed right now. I ordered my Lotus brackets thru Flipside Customs on February 12th. Hadn't heard anything by February 21st, so I emailed Rob. He said they were done and should go out that weekend. I emailed again on March 2nd asking for an update. No answer, tried calling, left a voicemail, etc. March 6th, Rob finally responds saying they should ship tomorrow. He assured me that they would come with all the mounting hardware needed. On March 14th they finally arrived. I did not receive all the mounting hardware. I'm moving to South Carolina on Saturday and have no way to mount my seats. I emailed them telling them I'm missing parts, but honestly don't expect to get an answer for a few days. I don't even have enough to at least mount the driver's seat.

I'm just going to go to the hardware store tomorrow and try to get what I need. I'm so f*cking annoyed with these people. Needless to say, I will never do business with them again and suggest others avoid them.
    RoadsterLife<3

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Sorry to hear man. Are you coming through the Durham/Raleigh area? Let me know. We could possibly meet up. Is the move for good?

Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Nah, I'll be passing thru closer to Charlotte (got a buddy that lives there). I'm sure I'll visit him from time to time, so I'd be down to meet up then. Yeah the move should be for good. The art scene is much better down there (I went to school for Graphic Design), got a job lined up, and I'm tired of the crappy weather here haha.
    RoadsterLife<3

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Well, let me know and I can try and set something up.

Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    ^Absolutely! Minor update: Ventured to ACE Hardware today to get some bits and pieces since Flipside Customs dicked me over, again. I have to mess with the fitment, but here's how it's looking.

One more with the door panels/console. I need to do some minor tweeking to the panels too, because the handle is off and the BOSE speakers interfere with it sitting flush. Can't tell from this angle tho! Haha. You can see where the handle is slightly off...
    RoadsterLife<3

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Dude, the interior is looking pretty sweet!

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone wannafbody's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    De-stripped interior?

Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by tsingson View Post
    Dude, the interior is looking pretty sweet!
    Thanks, man!

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    De-stripped interior?
    Haha yep. Whenever I pickup an NA and turn the NB into a track car I might go back to stripped and just get a different bucket seat.
    RoadsterLife<3

Drives
    1990 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Threw my old wheels back on today. Seeing them with the interior nearly done just makes me even more excited to get it all "finished." The car is definitely a 10-footer, but I love how much classier it's looking already.
    RoadsterLife<3

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2567891011121314 LastLast