Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poly Differential Bushings - Transmission whine?

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Thumper13's Avatar
    Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    Its normal. When I did that to mine I freaked out. It will subside a little bit as they get worn in. On the plus side, your shifter should feel awesome if you have newer engine mounts, too.
    This ^^ is one of the best mods if you're on old worn out OEM motor mounts, it's amazing the difference this will make !! The mazdaspeed mounts are far superior to the poly or delrin for keeping the NVH down.

The Technical Guy RuckkehrMiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Red `89 NA
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by bigx5murf View Post
    I don't want to bash a particular vendor, but a local friend found out not all diff bushing upgrades were created equal. Even if they are from a well known vendor, who did make things right with a replacement set. Claiming he got a lemon, and that they've had drifters not have the same damage.

I'd stick with energy suspension, simply because they give you a metal sleeve to go in the center of the diff bushing. Without it, you'll end up like my friend, wondering why he has a strange clunk, removing diff bushing to investigate and finding out they've been goatse'd.
    They were Prothane bushings, and came with the metal cylinder for the bolt.
    `89 NA build: 二回目 My (defunct) `92 NA build: Ruckkehr

The Technical Guy RuckkehrMiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Red `89 NA
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper13 View Post
    This ^^ is one of the best mods if you're on old worn out OEM motor mounts, it's amazing the difference this will make !! The mazdaspeed mounts are far superior to the poly or delrin for keeping the NVH down.
    God does it feel wonderful now, the shift just seems to catch now. There is much less hesitation from gear to gear. When I finally get the motor mounts in (few months away, waiting until I pull the motor for a seal/gasket rebuild) I can't wait to feel it then!
    `89 NA build: 二回目 My (defunct) `92 NA build: Ruckkehr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12