Thread: Popular spring rates for sliding

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch jdmfc3s90's Avatar
    Thanks Given

Popular spring rates for sliding

Good day Miataroadster, just like the title says, I'm here to see what spring rates the sliders are using. Im aware for the most part a softer spring rate is used with higher power machines. Most of the coilover world will come with a standard 8kg/mm front and 6kg/mm. My last recent coil over was the mono flex with rates of 10/8. I did enjoy the feel and the increased stiffness, however i really felt it took more effort and speed to pitch the car sideways.

Currently i have some 2nd gen stance's with a 8/6 rate. Definitely a lot softer the monos. Should i look to keep the 8/6 combo or step up for 10/8. The car will be kept at lower power ( no more 200hp) Any feed back would be great.

Idling - Listen to it purr... zoom's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Throw a thicker rear sway bar on for drifting if you haven't already. If that doesn't help then try slightly higher rates (10/8) if staying with Stances.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Caoboy's Avatar
    Drives
    a miata
    Thanks Given
    I think most of those kids are on the 8/6 OTS rates with stance.

I say play around with the car now, and see how you like it. Then make your judgement before switching rates.

Idling - Listen to it purr... Leeroy's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I've had more luck with my old set of stances at 8/6 than my current megans at 10/8 when it comes to going sideways. Do you know anyone that has 10/8 ratios on their car that you could possibly try with?