Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seriously, do I have a chance of ever winning MOTM? Whats wrong with my look?

Idling - Listen to it purr... muttnutt's Avatar
    Drives
    Green 2001
    Thanks Given

Seriously, do I have a chance of ever winning MOTM? Whats wrong with my look?

This is my first Miata and I love it. I can't sleep sometimes thinking about upgrades for horsepower.

I took off the stock muffler and put on something else. It sounds loud and to me it sounds great. I did some exterior upgrades too, now working on reupholstering my seats. My car is an 2001, 87k miles with two previous owners.

Does my ride look tacky? Opinions are accepted. Thanks.

::Admin edited to read better::

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    A. Your picture doesn't show.

B. Would you mind correcting your spelling, I lost interest after the first sentence...
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    If you are asking for feedback I would say to remove the chrome fender trim, that style has been long gone since the late 1980's , and looks more appropriate on a boxy car like an 1980's 4-door car.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    What exactly are you trying to win? Internet respect?

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift theothersawyer's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    Yeah, I don't understand! It's your car, if you like it that's all that matters. Who cares if you win miata of the month or not?

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon I Am View Post
    What exactly are you trying to win? Internet respect?
    Pretty sure he means the MOTM contest. I met him at the Miatapalooza, very nice guy, I think English is his second language, so please keep that in mind.

Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Yeah, that's cool. I'm not trying to give him a hard time, but some people do put too much emphasis on impressing others. OP, there are often Lottery style MOTMs here, so everyone gets a chance

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon I Am View Post
    Yeah, that's cool. I'm not trying to give him a hard time, but some people do put too much emphasis on impressing others. OP, there are often Lottery style MOTMs here, so everyone gets a chance
    Yeah Honestly I don't see that, some people like to build their cars to meet their own needs/goals, some are building a dream car, or track monster, and others are just happy they way they come from the factory. I don't think anyone is trying to impress anyone else here otherwise there would be MUCH more entries into the MoTM contest. The last several months there has only been about 2% of folks entering. Makes me want to just drop the contest all together.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power JLBMX5's Avatar
    Drives
    Red '93 Miata
    Thanks Given
    I did not even vote for motm. I didn't like any of the pics I saw. I've seen better pics of cars on post pics of your car threads. Not saying I don't like the miatas but the pics I saw were second to others I've seen.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Grumpy's Avatar
    Drives
    Grumman Wildcat (ok, 92 Miata) :
    Thanks Given
    Aside from the large decal covering your rear window amd what I'm guessing is a subwoofer in the back, the car appears mostly stock. Stock style bar, stock 4x4 suspension.
    I would remove the style bar. From everything I've seen posted, they're not much help in a rollover and may be worse than nothing. If you want protection, get a true rollbar. I know you are proud to be a medical profesisonal, but the large decal is a bit much, perhaps a smaller one next to the license plate or even on one of the wing windows.
    Lowering it can make a big difference in look. I don't mean slammed. Just dropping it 2 inches can make a difference.

When modding for appearance, don't just throw random things on the car, have a cohesive vision of where you want to take the car. As an example, my car was completely stock when I got it.

I decided to model it after a car I wanted when I was younger, an early 70s mgb.

The only thing not in this picture, that I've added is a luggage rack.

Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Here, it's a lot less of an issue than in other corners of the net. I like and appreciate the contests. I think a lot of people have it in their heads (from experience on larger sites) that only those with super expensive cameras, or balls-out builds will be the winners.

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    Yeah Honestly I don't see that, some people like to build their cars to meet their own needs/goals, some are building a dream car, or track monster, and others are just happy they way they come from the factory. I don't think anyone is trying to impress anyone else here . . .
    I am a fan of most any car where someone has taken an interest in it. Let's face it, I think we all like to get compliments on our cars . . . we're enthusiasts. I am respectful of each individual's sense of style. I will compliment most cars from stock to heavily moded, plasti-dipped "beaters" to dedicated race cars, as long as the owner takes interest in the car. Cars that are neglected or taken for granted don't get my praise (but I'll probably keep it to myself).

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone DK Wolf's Avatar
    Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    1994 Mazda Miata, 1992 Mazda Miata Sold, 1995 Mazda Rx7 (500hp) Sold, 1999 Subaru GC8 (310hp) Sold

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Whats Miata of the Month??, hehe

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by atank View Post
    Whats Miata of the Month??, hehe
    BAN!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast