Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brake light indicator in dash is on

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power JLBMX5's Avatar
    Drives
    Red '93 Miata
    Thanks Given
    I looked at his car. When he bought the car a cpl of months ago the brake pads were new. I was hoping maybe a bleeder screw was loose. I have had a cpl of them that I did not completely tighten after a brake job. I did not find anything on his Miata. Bit I do see clear fluid at the master I just could not see where it had came from so he gonna need to clean engine in that area and check daily to try and find where the leak is.

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    Not always true, but I find when the brake fluid is low and there are no leaks, it will be time to change the brakes soon. Usually, if there are leaks at the calipers, it shows up on the wheels and the brake dust sticks to it. I have seen leaks at the master itself where the reservoir pops into the cylinder...sometimes those bushings between the two wear and start to weep. There will be signs of this on the vacuum booster or on the paint under the master itself.
    Yes, IMO it's almost always the master letting some fluid past the seals rather than a loose bleeder. Unless there was a recent brake job/flush done, there's almost no chance a bleeder valve backed itself lose. You're right though, a visual inspection will reveal all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12