Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Third times a charm - 95 white

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Thanks Given
    Update time:

New items installed: Radiator and 1/4" spacers.

I ended up having to take the rear suspension back apart on my vmaxx's. The springs were rubbing on the axels. In the directions it said this could happen. I called FM to double check on my options. Keith said I had 2 options. 1. Raise the lower collar to make it clear the axel or 2. remove the helper spring and have the spring loose at full droop. My lower collars were about 1.5" below the axel, so it would of put a good amount of preload on the springs as well as put my ride height around 13" if I had to guess. So I removed the helper and when at full droop, my springs come unseated and hang lose. I don't see a circumstance as a street car this will ever happen. Keith at FM noted, that on heavier cars, they do not have the issue of the coils contacting the axels.

My overall impression of the FM Vmaxx exxtreme track pack is very good. Despite having to remove the helper, these fell MUCH better than the megan ez-streets I had on my MSM. The ez's had a very harsh yet floaty ride feeling at times. The Vmaxx don't have it. While it is harsh over big bumps and bumpy/uneven road, the coils quickly recover.

I was crammed for time, so I didn't even think about getting photos of the suspension issues I had. I entered a car show this weekend also. Normally 500+ cars and most are classics and muscle. It is a non-profit fundraising show, so there are sponsors. The top sponsors get to choose a favorite car (25 maybe). I won one of these.

1997 Red Miata -SOLD
    2005 TI MSM - SOLD

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekel View Post
    I entered a car show this weekend... The top sponsors get to choose a favorite car ... I won one of these.

Awesome! With a trophy that large, you may need a bigger car!

-Jim

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Thanks Given
    UPDATE:

Had and awesome time at Miatas At the Gap (MATG) this weekend. Was a weekend of hanginout with other owners and driving. Outside of the Monsoons that hit us friday night at the end of our big run, it was a nice weekend.

Thursday night on my way in

One of the many dams at night (little bit fuzzy, but I was slow shutter and shot it resting on my door)

CAMP. We ended up with 6 miatas here

First drive on Friday morning. Ended up being too many people to be spirited like it was suppose too, but I did get some good BBQ from it.

The "CR" run Friday evening. We had a couple of random other people join us. Was ALMOST too big.

Just after one of the several rain storms during our drive. Blackprl only had a g-string for this entire drive.

I was snapping rolling shots of people while we were on a 4 lane between back roads. Right after this photo a cop comes rolling up behind ChrisJuliano (this red miata) and pulls in behind me. He proceeded to follow us in line in our group on my tail for a good 10min.

Right when night hit, the skies opened up and it rained like crazy. During this last leg of the drive, we ended up getting seperated from a group of 20+ down into several smaller groups. The drive back took about an hr longer then it should of. We arrived back in camp and waited, and waited and people slowly kept trickling in. Morr never showed up, so me, blu92, blckprl, and concealor404 went on a search. He had actually run out of gas and limped his car 15miles down twisting roads to a gas station, got lost several times because of the rain, and was given wrong directions to a closed road by locals. luckily he was found, not in a ditch, and in mostly good spirits.

Woke up saturday morning to find this disgusting thing right outside my tent. We think it was a tape worm.

Saturday morning Dam photo

In our group we only had 2 wrecks. xBeatlesx hit a black bear (it left a bloody nose print and some dents and ran off) and Mini-FD decided to 5050 a ditch. I didn't go on this run, so no pictures of the actual wreck. He was an awesome sport about it and put his bumper in the tree of shame

And cruising home after a long awesome weekend.
    1997 Red Miata -SOLD
    2005 TI MSM - SOLD

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Great pictures. Love that first one in front of the red dragon and the obligatory dam photo shoot. Really nice turn out. In the past I have liked to hit the dragon when there is no event going on but the idea of camping for a short weekend has a certain appeal as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12