Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
OK, here's a problem...This is some advice to give you so the community can help you. It's not criticism.

The original post says the car shakes at 2-3k rpm in gear, but you don't state if the car also shakes OUT of gear, in neutral. The rest of the post is pretty much unrelated to the issue you created in the thread title. It's vague and scattered. People cannot help to what they don't understand, you know? We DO want to help you, but you have to help yourself for that to happen. So, 15 views and no answers means you are not stating your problem clearly enough or those that HAVE seen it just don't know. If you can't describe the problem, use pics or videos. Most people have smart phones. Use that. They don't need to be archive quality, but documenting the issue helps others to see and understand.

The Miata and S13 have different driveline setups, so your experience with that car has little to do with the Miata.

If you checked the mounts, that means you removed them? The OEM mounts are rubber and hidden behind metal 'cups'. They age, tear, separate. It's pretty common, especially if yours are original and twenty one years old.

If your mounts are good AND it happens ONLY in one gear, it is gearbox-related. If it happens in most gears, mounts are good, it's most likely driveline related, like the bad driveshaft mentioned above. If it is a bad driveshaft, it will soon be a bad differential, too.
Thank you for the advice. Appreciate the input.
Back on track.
It shakes only in the 2-3k rpm range it can start while in gear (3rd usually) , but if I clutch and remove it from gear it will continue to shake. Once I break or slow down , the shaking will stop and idle peRRRfectly. I will check the car this week and get back to you guys. Thank you.