Thread: Power Windows Issue NA Miata

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjuanch View Post
    The cables were broken plus the window guides as well. The motor is in good condition. I saw this video that helped me a lot:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYwUGFQ0JAo

He recommends to go and make the cables at a motorcycle place. I dont have the time for it, so I ended up buying a new regulator from ebay.

Both sides have the same issue... The regulator from the passanger side is too expensive....so if anyone knows of a website to get the cable will be much appreciated.

I had messed up cables on the passenger door of my NA. I *thought* I got the cables and regulator from Moss or Finishline, but it was about 5 years ago. I remember coiling the cables inside the regulator was a bit tedious and it frustrated me. I wound up installing it backwards on the spool so I reversed the wires at the plug for the motor. It worked great after that! :derp:

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! RoadsterTech's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Mariner Blue
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu jesus View Post
    I had messed up cables on the passenger door of my NA. I *thought* I got the cables and regulator from Moss or Finishline, but it was about 5 years ago. I remember coiling the cables inside the regulator was a bit tedious and it frustrated me. I wound up installing it backwards on the spool so I reversed the wires at the plug for the motor. It worked great after that! :derp:
    Yea, I've done the coil routine about 6 times now, not too fun... three times were from trying to make my own cable ends. Ugh!
    You may know me as RAB or BCT or Rick depends on where you look.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RoadsterTech For This Useful Post:

kung fu jesus (07-14-2014)