Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DIY Hardtop Spoiler

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Clarence's Avatar
    Drives
    Red NA8C
    Thanks Given
    i did mine 1 year ago. good shape. wrong material: too soft or too thin.
    i used this for 3 months, removed and never reinstalled

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power ChrisJuliano's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I agree with you 100% with what you said, its just how life works.

I am not going to lie, that is one hell of a job you did, I would see if you could make me one if I owned a hardtop because that looks absolutely amazing and is far better than what I expected! Great job it def looks awesome!!!

Drives
    G-Limited Miata
    Thanks Given
    We have had people ask us about materials etc. and we helped in anyway we could. A few of them came back and bought our product after trying a few times, some did not. We say, do your thing. Interested in your progress.

Now that ebay knock-off? That's the kind of BS that will kill us small companies. We knew about it way before it hit the market as we were tipped off by someone who was directly involved in ripping off our design. Supporting that type of company will ultimately impact the community as a whole. Without supporting the companies who push to develop products for the community, there is no reason to continue. So really the future is all in the hands of you, the consumer.

We feel the Miata community has supported our efforts, and that is why we try to put back into the community as much as we can.
    Last edited by Risingsun124; 01-15-2012 at 06:08 PM.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! jesseshoots's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Risingsun124 View Post
    We have had people ask us about materials etc. and we helped in anyway we could. A few of them came back and bought our product after trying a few times, some did not. We say, do your thing. Interested in your progress.

Now that ebay knock-off? That's the kind of BS that will kill us small companies. We knew about it way before it hit the market as we were tipped off by someone who was directly involved in ripping off our design. Supporting that type of company will ultimately impact the community as a whole. Without supporting the companies who push to develop products for the community, there is no reason to continue. So really the future is all in the hands of you, the consumer.

We feel the Miata community has supported our efforts, and that is why we try to put back into the community as much as we can.
    Thanks, and it's not near what your product is. I hve a buddy with a g-string and it's absolutely awesome. You guys do one hell of a job and I'd love to support you if I wasn't paying for school. As for 2CR I might be getting stuff from you guys soon. You're dedicated to helping the roadster community and that rules!

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power ChrisJuliano's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I will one day own g-skirts and the side panel thing<3

If I ever get a hardtop I want the spoiler aswell.

Drives
    G-Limited Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by jesseshoots View Post
    Thanks, and it's not near what your product is. I hve a buddy with a g-string and it's absolutely awesome. You guys do one hell of a job and I'd love to support you if I wasn't paying for school. As for 2CR I might be getting stuff from you guys soon. You're dedicated to helping the roadster community and that rules!
    Completely hear what you are saying and we support that. It's when people make money off of other's hard work and designs that lines are crossed.

Thanks for the props. We appreciate it.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Itsaparty's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Yeah diy is great man, that knock off one pisses me off though.

The fucked up part is the person who knocked it off is probably on this board.
    Fuck that guy. Ban me.
    Last edited by Itsaparty; 01-15-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsaparty View Post
    Yeah diy is great man, that knock off one pisses me off though.

The fucked up part is the person who knocked it off is probably on this board.
    Fuck that guy. Ban me.
    Okay it was just a misunderstanding. But I understand where you're coming from.
    Sorry for going off on you, I had gotten crap from some other guys and figured that's where you were going

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! turbotyla's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I agree with the DIY because I have some stuff laying around to do it.

But knocking off project g is lame. They are guys who support our community

Thanks Given
    ^the eBay guys seem like a bunch of dicks. I love what project g is doing and they're fine with what I'm doing. I have no intention on getting in the buisness I just want to provide an alternative for those who are willing to work their ass Ohh to make one themselves and don't have the money to spend on their car like myself.

Everyone keep in mind that project g isn't the only one making a hardtop spoiler. Autokonnection sells one and possibly another company as well.

Idling - Listen to it purr... OCD's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Everyone keep in mind that project g isn't the only one making a hardtop spoiler. Autokonnection sells one and possibly another company as well.
    I would support Project-G because the quality of their products and the prospect of really great products in the future, but not just because they were first on the market for something. I bought my G-String because it was a flawless application of a previously thought of idea. Every aspect is better than what I saw previously. If someone makes a better product, then the community as a whole benefits. When someone just rips off a design, does it poorly, just for the sake of profit, then everyone suffers.

There are exceptions I think, such as a company ass-raping people in the community for the sake of profit. They don't help the community, they only seek the all mighty dollar, then I could care less if they lose money. Project-G is definitely NOT one of those companies.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift I<3flippyheadlights's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Spirited Green Miata!
    Thanks Given
    Keep it up on DIY. You and I both pay for school and budgets are tight. With products becoming more readily available, prices are cheaper and more widespread so people can change their car. But, with a little imagination a DIY can be a great thing when you can't pay for the real thing. Not trying to say take business away from companies but when you can't afford you just can't afford it.
    1990 Miata, she was red but now she is Spirit Green!

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....d-a-love-story <--- build thread!

Also check out the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/IHeartFlippyHeadlights !!! Its a facebook page dedicated to the awesomeness which is flippyheadlights! Not me, but the actual headlights! High time someone noticed how awesome these things are; check it out!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Coupeloop's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    yes, but for the AK one.... 1. it isnt in production, 2. its totally completely different material and shape.
    MONEY doesn't buy STYLE

Thanks Given
    It's done hell Yesss!

Thanks Given

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast