Thread: Customizing Hot Wheels

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    Sharka
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,007 Times in 1,278 Posts
    Customized Ferrari Shark Nose by revlimit, on Flickr

Here's a minor mod - a wheel swap and interior detail on one of my old Shark Nose cars. This one has been in with one of my steering wheel shadow boxes for years. Eric gave me the idea to do a wheel swap.

Ferrari front by revlimit, on Flickr

This was my first time clipping a hub. The donor car was WAAAY wider than the Ferrari. I snipped and shortened the hub and JB welded it back together inside the car. Wheels still roll and everything. You can't tell anything drastic has been changed.

Ferrari rear by revlimit, on Flickr

There's minor detailing throughout. The interior is all diecast from the factory. I did the wheel and seat in black. I also detailed the engine and suspension a bit, though it's very hard to tell. The wheels and body obscure it greatly.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to revlimiter For This Useful Post:

Golden Stallion (02-04-2015),Paul B (01-22-2015),Phatmiata (02-04-2015),RotorNutFD3S (01-22-2015),tsingson (02-04-2015),WASABI (02-05-2015)

Drives
    '99 Brilliant Black Turbo
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by revlimiter View Post
    Eric gave me the idea to do a wheel swap.
    Actually you gave me the idea to wheel swap mine (the one you sent me, thanks again BTW!) when you showed me the picture of one someone else did. That looks great though!! Wish I had some Goodyear marked tires when I did mine.
    I've got a lot less horsepower - luckily they are Japanese horses - usually in better shape and more motivated.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by revlimiter View Post
    Customized Ferrari Shark Nose by revlimit, on Flickr

Here's a minor mod - a wheel swap and interior detail on one of my old Shark Nose cars. This one has been in with one of my steering wheel shadow boxes for years. Eric gave me the idea to do a wheel swap.

I loved this casting, it was kinda hard to find back in 2000ish when it first came out, totally not kid safe since they can swallow it easy (its tiny). Nice job on the wheel swap Adam. I need to pull out my Ferrari Collection and show you guys some older ones I have. I still need to the find the new Black 599xxr and the TH version as well.