Thread: This ain't no build thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    After chasing a couple of cars (both found on eBay, one was in northern Ohio and the underside looked way too rusty, the other in Florida and was way overpriced), I happened upon the $9.95 Miata for sale (Miatamart) site. There was a very nice 2000 SE with low miles and a JRSC under the hood. I immediately got in contact the seller. He had just listed the car a day or so before. Did some back and forth with pictures and such, I told him I'd like to look at it and then I got the loan. On 18 September 2010 the wife and I drove three hours to West-by-god-Virginia, crawled around the car, took a test drive and then bought it. Drove the three hours home in the evening dark, top down the whole way, hatless and without ear plugs (left them in the other car), grinning like an idiot. When we were almost home we stopped to get something to eat and my wife started laughing at me because my hair was sticking straight up. I didn't care, I had too much fun.

It appears that I can't post a picture via this site, so I'll have to break down and get some sort of account on one of those new-fangled picture hosting sites. I just heard a lot of thuds from people who know me from elsewhere hitting the deck after reading that!
    Last edited by chiefmg; 10-07-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    It appears that I can't post a picture via this site, so I'll have to break down and get some sort of account on one of those new-fangled picture hosting sites.............
    [THUD]

This is the easiest one to use for hosting photos, and its free! ----> http://www.flickr.com/

I want to see this Miata and the RX7 after reading all this!!!

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    [THUD]

This is the easiest one to use for hosting photos, and its free! ----> http://www.flickr.com/

I want to see this Miata and the RX7 after reading all this!!!

Who are you sir? I don't recall you knowing me from elsewhere, so if you think your pretending to fall over gets you past my sensors, think again! Or are you a secret stalker (I am joking, I said elsewhere I don't use emoticons [normally] which does make it a little difficult)?

My main concern with posting pictures, especially on a free site, is what unscrupulous people might do. I'm not a conspiracy type but I do have boundaries. I'm willing to give it a shot, after all I have now moved into the 21st century according to my wife after getting a smart phone my last time home (little does she know how I use it). That said, right now I am on an abysmally slow connection and even small amounts of data take time. Nighttime is worse due to everyone else being on line. Daytime, well I'm not an IT guy who can sit around surfing all day long. I'll see what I can come up with though. You can try searching my screen name as I'm the same everywhere. Sort of insidious, if you will.

Since it's nearly midnight where I am and we will be in port tomorrow to discharge (around 118,000 cubic meters of -158 C liquified natural gas) I need to get to sleep. Stay tuned...