Thread: Posting a big ol' photo in a thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Idling - Listen to it purr... Barrym's Avatar
    Thanks Given

Yep it seems to work that way too.
    It seems to take about the same amount of steps either way

Now if I could just get a picture from the computer without going to thumbnails Id be even happier. What I do now is load the photo from my computer into photobucket, click on the picture, click on the appropriate code go back to Mazdaroadster and click on images button, paste code, unclick box, click enter which is how I got this picture below. It takes about 2-3 separate open windows at one time to achieve this.

Thanks again for hangin in there with me on this.
    Its been driving me crazy.
    Barrym

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Grumpy's Avatar
    Drives
    Grumman Wildcat (ok, 92 Miata) :
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrym View Post

Yep it seems to work that way too.
    It seems to take about the same amount of steps either way

Now if I could just get a picture from the computer without going to thumbnails Id be even happier. What I do now is load the photo from my computer into photobucket, click on the picture, click on the appropriate code go back to Mazdaroadster and click on images button, paste code, unclick box, click enter which is how I got this picture below. It takes about 2-3 separate open windows at one time to achieve this.

Thanks again for hangin in there with me on this.
    Its been driving me crazy.
    Barrym
    If you are hosting on photobucket you don't need to click the img button on this site to enter the picture. On photobucket, mouse over the pic you want in your album. the bottom option it offers has the img tag already on it. single click that tag, and it copies. come back to this site, and paste it in the dialog box without clicking the insert img button. That's what I did for this:

Idling - Listen to it purr... Broadspeed's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Good advise from grumpy tryed all sorts followed his advise an bingo job done.
    Many thanks
    Chris

Idling - Listen to it purr... JakeLS01's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 Classic Red LS
    Thanks Given
    To the administrator:

You may want to consider adding the below mentioned add-on. This allows for a small popup window to open and the user may select images from their gallery. "When creating or editing a post, your users can open a popup window that will show them their pictures in the chosen gallery, albums or attachment system." It'd make things a little more user friendly for those that are not as computer savvy.

Here is a shot of what the popup would look like to select from the gallery:

Add-on: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=243865
    '01 S/C'ed Classic Red w/HT

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrym View Post
    Now if I could just get a picture from the computer without going to thumbnails Id be even happier. What I do now is load the photo from my computer into photobucket, click on the picture, click on the appropriate code go back to Mazdaroadster and click on images button, paste code, unclick box, click enter which is how I got this picture below. It takes about 2-3 separate open windows at one time to achieve this. Thanks again for hangin in there with me on this. Its been driving me crazy.
    Barrym
    You're adding too many steps. Once you copy the [img] code from Photobucket, you just paste it in the text box here. That's it. No need to click on any image button or un check some box.

I agree there is something quirky in Photobucket where iPad users can't "hover" over a photo and then copy the link. I have to click on the picture which opens in it's own page and then highlight and copy the img link on the right side.