Thread: Coilover at $1200 price point? So many options >_<

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! stormin'norman's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Should also make note of the obvious wait times that seem to come with FCM products. But well worth it is what I hear from everyone I've talked to that purchased.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone concealer404's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Mazda MXSex GT Tarbo - faster than what you've got.
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by stormin'norman View Post
    Should also make note of the obvious wait times that seem to come with FCM products. But well worth it is what I hear from everyone I've talked to that purchased.
    When i was in Grand Junction with my MSM, there was a guy that i hung out with for 2 days that had a CHERRY red n/a with an FCM setup. It seemed to handle extremely well. I had to hustle pretty hard to stay with him. Looked very composed. I'd be interested to see how it would react being pushed to 9/10s or 10/10s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    One thing I’ve noticed over the years is that if you drive into London at 6am, half of the cars on the roads are Porsches and Astons. Whereas if you go in at ten to nine, they’re all Renaults. Simple solution, then. You want a nice car? Get up earlier and do more work.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! stormin'norman's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
    When i was in Grand Junction with my MSM, there was a guy that i hung out with for 2 days that had a CHERRY red n/a with an FCM setup. It seemed to handle extremely well. I had to hustle pretty hard to stay with him. Looked very composed. I'd be interested to see how it would react being pushed to 9/10s or 10/10s.
    Unfortunately I've only experienced FCM's on the street and with surprisingly mild spring rates ~375/250 iirc. I was really shocked with how much grip was made available to the car. Mid corner bumps were absorbed in stride at just about any speed. The car was never upset by potholes, seams and imperfections but just felt very very sporty and taught without being too harsh so as to lose grip. Great street setup that really made Shaihks shock knowledge shine. I imagine something more track oriented would be equally as incredible.