Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NA to NC3 Club, I'm a believer!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Pfunk's Avatar
    Drives
    '98 NB
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    tiny houses (1,700 sq ft)
    Or, as we say in both Hawai`i and Japan, huge houses. All relative! Glad you like the NC. I was at RS Aizawa's the other day and a friend/customer of theirs, who was the guy who brought Windows (PC) to Japan, was tuning his NC on the dyno. I/H/E, with ECU tuning, he hit 175rwhp, 150tq, the same I achieved on my crazy expensive N/A '99 build. Mine still looks better, of course. Seriously, though, the NCs are solid platforms for performance.

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfunk View Post
    Or, as we say in both Hawai`i and Japan, huge houses. All relative! Glad you like the NC. I was at RS Aizawa's the other day and a friend/customer of theirs, who was the guy who brought Windows (PC) to Japan, was tuning his NC on the dyno. I/H/E, with ECU tuning, he hit 175rwhp, 150tq, the same I achieved on my crazy expensive N/A '99 build. Mine still looks better, of course. Seriously, though, the NCs are solid platforms for performance.
    Yeah, I guess it's all relative, about the houses. But yes, the NC's have so much potential, it's kinda ridiculous to overlook them!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Yeah, I guess it's all relative, about the houses. But yes, the NC's have so much potential, it's kinda ridiculous to overlook them!
    just wait for the ND to release and the NC prices will drop like crazy, there are already a ton of cheap NC finds on Craigslist

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    just wait for the ND to release and the NC prices will drop like crazy, there are already a ton of cheap NC finds on Craigslist
    NC1's are cheap. Don't want 'em, don't care for them. I could work with an NC2, but it's the NC3 Club that has me drooling over. It will be a good two years, before I pull the trigger anyway. Time is my friend!
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

Drives
    LFX ND
    Thanks Given
    NC2's are coming down quite nicely also. Don't know why anyone would ever buy a NA or NB again

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Unk577 View Post
    Don't know why anyone would ever buy a NA or NB again

BAN!

Drives
    LFX ND
    Thanks Given

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BoBo's Avatar
    Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given
    The new Boss is a complete car with looks, handling, and power. However, the new miata still has potential. I mean it's a still a new car, so I'm pretty sure someone will come out with a new fabricated turbo or supercharger, other than the one's we have now. Just about anything can be done with money. I was checking out PRHT Club a while back, I dig the look but kind of pricey for being under 200hp. You could turn around and get a v6 or v8 pony for about the same price, but that's just me, I like both cars.
    08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Tuned/Track Prepared
    04 Z4 2.5 M Sport Package
    01 SLK 230 Kompressor AMG Sport Package

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Thumper13's Avatar
    Drives
    Like a Maniac
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3flippyheadlights View Post
    I don't mean to poop on your thread, but please do some more reading on Tuning done rights NC3 miata with boost. I don't know everything in the world about turbos, but the turbo gurus at MT literally flipped their lid over this car and how bad it is. When they confronted him on his tune, he couldn't answer anything.

Once again, don't mean to kill your dreams, but its just a heads up
    I know Jay personally and 3 of his satisfied customers. I ran MiB3 with Jay and one other turbo'd NC. Jay was literally abusing the hell out of his car to see what it could handle. The motor shot a rod out the side of the block,the motor had close to 50k miles on it,under boost when the failure occurred. Not too shabby for a test bed car that was being driven hard to see where it might grenade.

Bitch was he was 600 miles from home. The Black one is bad to the bone. I've been around my share of high performance cars both turbo/s.c/ and n.a 50K miles on a test mule is amazing and the crap re: MT is not exactly complete. Those guys wig out if you can't produce a wrapper from a tampon.

Methanol injection made a huge difference,I've seen the results first hand,and been blown away by that car while carving up The Snake.

I don't care much for the NC period but I would not hesitate going to Jay to build me a turbo'd model with stronger connecting rods if I was so inclined. You don't just add a turbo and go,the internals and support system do need some attention.
    Last edited by Thumper13; 02-04-2014 at 06:39 PM.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone SM16RMSM's Avatar
    Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    I like the Club Edition NC. Would consider trading the MSM for one but I really like the MSM too. Kinda want both.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.” ― Jordan Belfort

The Daily Driven Warrior - A MSM Build Thread

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3flippyheadlights View Post
    I don't mean to poop on your thread, but please do some more reading on Tuning done rights NC3 miata with boost. I don't know everything in the world about turbos, but the turbo gurus at MT literally flipped their lid over this car and how bad it is. When they confronted him on his tune, he couldn't answer anything.

Once again, don't mean to kill your dreams, but its just a heads up
    Txs for the heads up!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBo View Post
    The new Boss is a complete car with looks, handling, and power. However, the new miata still has potential. I mean it's a still a new car, so I'm pretty sure someone will come out with a new fabricated turbo or supercharger, other than the one's we have now. Just about anything can be done with money. I was checking out PRHT Club a while back, I dig the look but kind of pricey for being under 200hp. You could turn around and get a v6 or v8 pony for about the same price, but that's just me, I like both cars.
    The biggest engined car I've owned were my two Jeep Cherokees and my current 2002 Tacoma. Other than two volvo 5 cyl turbos, everything has been 4 cyl for me. About the turbo... That was on the first post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper13 View Post
    I know Jay personally and 3 of his satisfied customers. I ran MiB3 with Jay and one other turbo'd NC. Jay was literally abusing the hell out of his car to see what it could handle. The motor shot a rod out the side of the block,the motor had close to 50k miles on it,under boost when the failure occurred. Not too shabby for a test bed car that was being driven hard to see where it might grenade.

Bitch was he was 600 miles from home. The Black one is bad to the bone. I've been around my share of high performance cars both turbo/s.c/ and n.a 50K miles on a test mule is amazing and the crap re: MT is not exactly complete. Those guys wig out if you can't produce a wrapper from a tampon.

Methanol injection made a huge difference,I've seen the results first hand,and been blown away by that car while carving up The Snake.

I don't care much for the NC period but I would not hesitate going to Jay to build me a turbo'd model with stronger connecting rods if I was so inclined. You don't just add a turbo and go,the internals and support system do need some attention.
    NC2's and NC3's have factory installed forged internals. No need to "upgrade" on them, unless you looking for 400 bhp @ the wheels. I know that 335 bhp is more than enough!

Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given
    The biggest engined car I've owned were my two Jeep Cherokees and my current 2002 Tacoma. Other than two volvo 5 cyl turbos, everything has been 4 cyl for me. About the turbo... That was on the first post!
    What I meant was, there's always gonna be more people making turbos for these new cars as time go on. The tuner link you showed seems pretty good, and I'm pretty sure there will be more support for this car as time goes by.Just boost your NA!... I would be more than happy if a miata had somewhere between 200-250 at the wheels, that's more than enough for this little car.
    Last edited by BoBo; 02-05-2014 at 02:25 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BoBo For This Useful Post:

The Driver (02-06-2014)

Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by SM16RMSM View Post
    I like the Club Edition NC. Would consider trading the MSM for one but I really like the MSM too. Kinda want both.
    I would keep that MSM. I wish I had one, it's a fantastic car to begin with, just jack up the boost. I knew a guy from SoCal many years ago, he had an MSM with FM built motor and turbo and that thing was fast. Mazda should come out with a turbocharged NC.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Ciotti's Avatar
    Drives
    99' STR build
    Thanks Given
    I drove Jay's car at MiB 3 and 4, it's insane, absolutely insane. Power comes on hard at 3,000 and it just keeps charging hard all through the rev band, VERY impressive. I've driven a lot of turbo cars and the only thing I can compare it to is a 550 bhp Noble that I've spent a decent amount of seat time in over the years.

Jay's a great guy too, he's the type of person that would go WAY out of his way to help a fellow car guy whether he was a close friend or someone he just met.

His car is at 1:58...

http://youtu.be/mGS__K1VVhs?t=1m58s

@CiottiMonkey on the Instagram
    www.Facebook.com/CiottiIndustries
    1999 STR Miata: Tein Flex Racing Beat header, exhaust, 1.125" sway bar, and braces Carbing STB KAAZ diff 949 15x9's 225 Rivals

Drives
    Grey NA Clubman
    Thanks Given
    Where I live, fun driving on the road is all about corners.

I'd choose an NC3 over a new Mustang.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Malibu Q For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (02-05-2014)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast