Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Bro but what do you expect for the price and quality of the components? Upgrading for $995.00 is a big difference from OEM stock suspension. If you wsnt to spend $3000 on coil overs and suspension parts on a 2000 market value car that’s completely fine.
as for me the Meister R paired with aftermarket sway bars made a big difference from stock suspension. With the OEM suspension the car felt like it was floating and unstable at high speed. This car is daily driver when I switched to the 13 pounds light weight FD wheels and 225 50 16 tires for extra comfort it transformed into a handling beast. The biggest issue I had so far is adjusting the damper settings at height speed. I am happy where I am right but wish was bit flatter ride.

The MeisterR's I had on my NA were awful, granted they were the old "Zeta-S" range, I can't see what they'd change enough for the CRD's to go from awful to the "best" coilover on the market. The only reason I had Meister's was because FM's FOX's didn't exist at the time. Yes, they're more expensive, but they're also purpose built by a company that's reputable for knowing their way around miata's for over 30 years, so I trust their ability on how to design suspension for a miata. I'd never even heard of Meister before looking for some coilovers....

A flatter ride comes from well sorted shocks, springs and sways. My car rides really flat and the sways are on their "loose" setting, so no complaints here...

Honestly. I'd back a DIY NB Bilstein shock/FM spring combo any day over another set of MeisterR's.