Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    The first order of business…

1. Remove all fake badges/ dash carpet/ stripes and swap out the "Psalm 103.5" license plate (PO was a hospital chaplain for 25 years)
    2. Replace the worn soft-top with a snazzy new Robbin’s fabric one (despite reading Adam’s great install overview I chickened out and had a local shop perform the work)

...much better without the fogged and cracked read window.

There was also some interior nastiness driving my OCD mad (who paints and screws a piece of cardboard onto a tombstone to fix a messed up stereo install!?).

The lovely Mrs R and I intended to share the NA but increasingly were struggling to agree who had the more legit reason to use it. Our Miata philosophies were also diametrically opposed. Her "100% original because it was perfect" vs my "perfectly enhanced" . Since we shared Benny it seemed reasonable to enjoy a bone stock NA and just continue to live vicariously through all of you while getting more and more inspiration (I instantly developed an unhealthy yearning for a KG Works Gauge Cluster and *those* Nakamae Type R buckets!).

My first major purchase...

That would have really made Benny look like a Lego Space minifig so it's a good thing it came with a minty 92 Sunburst for Jen! She’s always dreamed of a yellow car and it was clear this was the only way we were both going to be able to fulfil our NA dreams .

I can see the inspiration from this little gem we spotted down at Cars & Coffee in Aliso Viejo (especially with Zoom bumpers!!)

The details!

hnnnng.. that fuel lid! Zoom Engineering, the need is strong.

The NA obsession was only beginning to take hold...

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to oldgrayleather For This Useful Post:

Dandy (10-23-2015),freedomgli (01-31-2017),MaRcOp01o (01-31-2020),Martin (10-23-2015),Roadster7 (07-10-2018),The Driver (11-07-2016),WASABI (10-31-2015)