Thread: Dual vented & non vented oil catch can manufacturer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Honestly, not very happy with your disrespect at the moment.

No todo que es oro brilla.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Hyper's Avatar
    Drives
    Black NB Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent☣Orange View Post
    Honestly, not very happy with your disrespect at the moment.

FIND a word in any of my comments where I said “stupid” or you are ignorant” or any like that. I haven’t nor I will disrespect a fellow member like that. What I said was constructive criticism or feedback. Should you or the OP got upset is a different story.

Now back in this topic. Based on my own experience and everything I read, the topic with catch cans suggestions etc. believe it or not is like a double edge sword. Personally myself I have seen designs on Miata builds that I tried applying in my build to later learn is a fail. I have seen videos of people putting metal scrubs inside the baffles. Others just putting $20.00 catch can with smaller than 3/8 hoses not understanding that the engine needs to ventilate and breathe. Such restrictions end up blowing gaskets, a simple test if your engine dipstick keeps popping most likely you have an issue with positive crank pressure ventilation.

To resume my intention was to help the fellow the OP, not insult as I believe I am educated enough to give feedback on the subject matter.