Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Building the Boosted Smurf

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! psulja's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Twilight Blue/1991 Mariner Blue
    Thanks Given
    Thanks man.

I always said before it even happened, I had never even been pulled over with how I drive but that it was going to happen this year and that it'll be a big one. I actually said I'll be going well over 50km/h the limit when it happens and the cop will be hiding at the side of the street where I can't see him and won't actually know he's after me, meaning I'd have no chance to run. All of those things happened.

Meet with the prosecutor to discuss the charges this coming Tuesday.
    Paul | IG- @psulja
    Build thread:
    1991 Mariner Blue - Built 1.8 swap, EFR, Fab9Tuning, Tii drivetrain

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power treeafodo's Avatar
    Drives
    a rustbucket.
    Thanks Given
    Did you get any points on your license, and if so how did it affect your insurance?
    Austin.
    Lexy (Little Hobo) - Transforming from Wreck to Race Car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueiii View Post
    Your priorities seem a bit messed up to me, although that's because I try to get my lap times to decrease.

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Your Roadster is looking nice Paul!!!!!!!!

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Well that day in court went way better than I ever possibly imagined it to. Met with the prosecutor and he asked what I wanted to happen with my tickets. I said I'd like to see 2 of them dropped and I'll pay the more expensive speeding fine because 3 tickets makes you a high risk driver for insurance companies but I'd rather pay the province than my insurance company. He said, well you don't want points on your record right, I agreed and he made me his offer; Drop the speeding and license plate sticker charges completely and leave me with only the expired insurance slip ticket with a higher fine. The higher fine was still way less than the original fine of all 3 tickets and I now have no points affecting my license and I don't think my insurance company rates for the expired slip ticket which means I shouldn't have an increase in premiums.

I still can't believe I went from being caught on radar at 85km/h over the limit to not having a speeding ticket at all. Especially with all my expired paperwork.
    Paul | IG- @psulja
    Build thread:

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power treeafodo's Avatar
    Drives
    a rustbucket.
    Thanks Given
    Wow, talk about lucky!
    Austin.
    Lexy (Little Hobo) - Transforming from Wreck to Race Car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueiii View Post
    Your priorities seem a bit messed up to me, although that's because I try to get my lap times to decrease.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift I<3flippyheadlights's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Spirited Green Miata!
    Thanks Given
    Dude.... how?
    1990 Miata, she was red but now she is Spirit Green!

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....d-a-love-story <--- build thread!

Also check out the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/IHeartFlippyHeadlights !!! Its a facebook page dedicated to the awesomeness which is flippyheadlights! Not me, but the actual headlights! High time someone noticed how awesome these things are; check it out!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Golden Stallion's Avatar
    Drives
    2008 RX-8
    Thanks Given
    Nice man. I hope I get as lucky as you when my first ticket comes. I don't always go fast but every time I do, they are Hondas and I'm paranoid every second(just so everyone knows, I don't street race or any of that other shit, just pass them for being annoying)

Also awesome car and thread

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Hyper's Avatar
    Drives
    Black NB Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by psulja View Post
    Well that day in court went way better than I ever possibly imagined it to. Met with the prosecutor and he asked what I wanted to happen with my tickets. I said I'd like to see 2 of them dropped and I'll pay the more expensive speeding fine because 3 tickets makes you a high risk driver for insurance companies but I'd rather pay the province than my insurance company. He said, well you don't want points on your record right, I agreed and he made me his offer; Drop the speeding and license plate sticker charges completely and leave me with only the expired insurance slip ticket with a higher fine. The higher fine was still way less than the original fine of all 3 tickets and I now have no points affecting my license and I don't think my insurance company rates for the expired slip ticket which means I shouldn't have an increase in premiums.

I still can't believe I went from being caught on radar at 85km/h over the limit to not having a speeding ticket at all. Especially with all my expired paperwork.
    Same thing happened to me. I was driving the cop stopped me for speeding in a 25mph zone. When he ran my license it was expired due to my insurance notifying the state I was driving without insurance. The fact is I had turned in my tag and never notified the insurance agency. The cop issued 4 tickets and attempted to arrest me for driving with a suspended license. He also wanted to impound my dad's car. Luckily my ex-girlfriend lived like two blocks away from the incident. I called her and she drove the car home. The day of the court hearing I arrived late to the hearing, the guy before me was sentenced to a 6 month probation and like a $1000 dollars fine. I was next, expecting the worst so when the judge asked about my case, I proved I had surrendered the tag before the insurance notified the State. The prosecutor moved to enforce the remaining tickets but the judge denied the motion and sent me home dismissing all the tickets. It was one of the luckiest day in my life. I left that court shouting like a madman....

Drives
    Thanks Given
    I finally washed my car for the first time since last fall so I took a few pics. Finally some pics with the exhaust installed in daylight.

I also graduated from University today so I did a little celebratory burnout. And by little, I mean I need new tires again. These lasted less than 4 weeks lol

Paul | IG- @psulja
    Build thread:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to psulja For This Useful Post:

WASABI (06-14-2014)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift I<3flippyheadlights's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Spirited Green Miata!
    Thanks Given
    You and your crazy Canadian driving. What kind of exhaust are you rocking?

edit: read what you have installed.

I was thinking about having a shop just weld in a 3' straight pipe with some sort of potato cannon at the end.
    1990 Miata, she was red but now she is Spirit Green!

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....d-a-love-story <--- build thread!

Also check out the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/IHeartFlippyHeadlights !!! Its a facebook page dedicated to the awesomeness which is flippyheadlights! Not me, but the actual headlights! High time someone noticed how awesome these things are; check it out!

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Hyper's Avatar
    Drives
    Black NB Miata
    Thanks Given
    I have two Hankook RS3 225 45 15 for sale cheap but you live so far away, forget it dude

Drives
    Thanks Given
    There's a giant hole in my block.
    Paul | IG- @psulja
    Build thread:

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Wuh??

No todo que es oro brilla.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Golden Stallion's Avatar
    Drives
    2008 RX-8
    Thanks Given
    Need more info

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Well after a weekend of drinking my sorrows away and thinking about what i want to do with the car I still haven't come to a final decision lol. I've been planning out a build for this car for the past few months that I wanted to do over this winter but I might leave the car off the road for the next while now and just start that build now, at a much slower pace.

Unless I find a cheap, good condition, ready to drop in 1.8. Otherwise I want to just take the time to build the entire drivetrain to as close to bulletproof as possible. I'm sick of transmissions, diffs, motors blowing up every few weeks and I don't want to turn down the boost.

Anyways, here are some pics. I'll get better carnage pics when the motor is on its way out.

This happened while taking a coworker for a ride because he was ripping on Miatas and didn't believe a gay little 4-banger could be as quick as I said it was. His mind was blown. Then shortly after, so was my motor lol

Where it happened, you can see where it goes from happiness to sadness very quickly:

The all to familiar picture of my car on a flatbed:

First look underneath I saw this. Yup, that's my starter! It's now in a few different pieces after getting hit by the internals flying out of my block

The little hole on the passenger side:

What was left of my starter

The bigger hole on the driver's side, will get better pics after the motor is out of this one:

Motor will either come out by Tuesday or in a month from now when I'm recovered from surgery that is coming up this Wednesday.

FMII kit, 5speed, torsen diff, etc, etc will likely be posted up for sale around the same time.
    Paul | IG- @psulja
    Build thread:

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 367891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast