Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What got you into miatas?

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Johnnie's Avatar
    Drives
    06 NC
    Thanks Given
    Got married and the wife has the "practical" car, so I was getting out of my Protege5 and wanted something rwd. I was internet-shopping 350Zs, G-35 coupes, NCs, etc. Went to test drive an NC and track package Z. First car I test drove was the Mazda and I was instantly hooked. Never did test drive the Z.
    John Evans
    >>>Li'l Stinker<<< https://www.facebook.com/litllestinker
    06 MX-5 Miata 6MT-- Quaife LSD >>>Li'l Stinker on MR.net<<<

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! vindi49's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 V Limited
    Thanks Given
    Got knocked off my Motorbike and broke my hand, so needed something to get around in... it was the closest thing to a bike I could find for the money I had. Liked it so much I sold the bike and haven't looked back since!

Russell.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Tungsten6's Avatar
    Drives
    02 Titanium SE
    Thanks Given
    Friends had started picking them up and I did a little research waited till i found one i wanted and BAM.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Mexican_Guy's Avatar
    Drives
    the metro bus
    Thanks Given
    i saw one for sale.. cheap.. hardtop ... white.. clean

and i never know it was a kick ass car.. untill i sold the poor bastard... all i know it was is easy to fix, easy to drive and affordable, so thats why i got a nc because i miss my old na
    2010 NCII TR

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    2003 Splash Green Mica
    Thanks Given
    Honestly, I was looking for a MR2 and ran across an 03 with 44000 miles on it and they were asking 8000 (I paid 7500). Who doesn't want a roadster?!

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power maharaj's Avatar
    Drives
    angry
    Thanks Given
    Um, because Miatas are awesome.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch debbid's Avatar
    Drives
    White 1996
    Thanks Given
    I used to do lots and lots of trackdays in my daily driver. After doing this for about 6 years, I totaled my WRX at a trackday. That event made me realize that I should get a dedicated track car. I bought a '96 M-edition to be that track car but sold it shortly thereafter because I got hooked on motorcycles and got my trackday fix on two wheels. When my son was born, I decided it was time to hang up the leathers and sell my bike. I knew I would miss going to the track, so I took the money from the bike and bought another '96 Miata. I would see so many Miatas at trackdays that it was a no-brainer about what to get. I've been pleasantly surprised at how much I love driving this car on a regular basis. I've had the car for about 8 months now and all I need is a seat before I hit the track again.
    1996 Mazda Miata - The TIE MX5

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! RetroModern's Avatar
    Drives
    2014 NC3 GT
    Thanks Given
    My Mr2 broke...for the millionth time. Had to find an affordable daily and became hooked on the car's handling, balance and overall lack of popularity (at the time).

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone JonB's Avatar
    Drives
    2008 Copper Red Mica
    Thanks Given
    My missed having a sports car rather than the sedans he was forced to buy because he had a kid (me, lol). So during my senior year of high school 2001, he bought a Classic Red NA. He said someday I can have it if I work for it. So, in prep, while he was asleep during the day (he worked nightshift), I would steal the car and teach myself to drive stick around our neighborhood. After the couple of days of me just trying to hone my skills, I still continued to take the car during the day. I had already gotten use to the stickshift, but for some reason I just needed to drive it everyday. It was too much fun. I fell in love with that car. Sadly, my dad crashed it a short time later. Fast forward to summer of 2005. I just graduated from UTI and really needed a job. I was a total Honda kid, so all I applied to were Honda and Acura dealerships. During my driving, I came across Puente Hills Mazda. I walked in to see if they had the new 3rd gen Miatas in stock. I just wanted to see it. Next thing I know, I've been working there for 3 years and needed to replace my Integra. I thought about a Mazdaspeed3, but my mom sat down and asked me "What car do you really want?" So I put my money down on an NC with a rather exorbitant list of accessories to be added to the financing. The moment I drove that car out of the showroom... I've never been happier, lol. Now I even have my dad's replacement for our old NA, a supercharged Mariner. I love these cars. In all honesty, I love Mazda as a whole. But something about the soul of these little cars. Other cars will come and go, but I will never let go of these two.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulsk View Post
    If you don't know who I am, just look for the sexiest guy there. That's Jon B. I'm the guy next to him.

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    2003 Sunlight Silver Miata LS
    Thanks Given
    I started off with Datsuns and kept going back to them because I really enjoyed driving simple, nimble cars with great cornering ability. The Miata is more of the same, but with more style, more potential and a RAGTOP! I drove 2.5 hours from home to buy my car and I couldn't stop smiling the whole trip home.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Thanks Given
    What got me into miatas, I wanted a different car and thought miatas were a hair dressers car that I could be original with. So I sold my mazda3 and picked up a 15year old mx5. After I purchased it I learned I was wrong and they had an enormous aftermarket community. Here I am 4 years later on my 3rd miata.

Prior to my mx5, I had never even changed the oil in my own car. Now I plan on pulling my engine this winter for a turbo install.
    1997 Red Miata -SOLD
    2005 TI MSM - SOLD

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone etikoner's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Merlot Mica
    Thanks Given
    Always thought they were cool. Scc had a sweet black project with wide wheels and tuckin 99 flares.

Then speed hunters came out with roadster month or week, and featured like a bunch of bad ass miatas

I stumbled upon some dudes NA rotary Miata on MySpace.

Once I had a chance to buy one I jumped at it.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Flyin 92's Avatar
    Drives
    White '92
    Thanks Given
    My dad bought the one I currently own way back in 2001-ish. He wanted something cheap and fun that didn't cost a fortune or was a maintenance whore. After doing research he decided to go on the hunt. He finally settled on a white '92. After my first ride along I couldn't wait to drive it (I was 14). Once I turned 16 my dad handed me the keys and said, "It's yours. Take care of it."

I still can't believe I've owned that car for almost 10 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by zacatac View Post
    If I said the things in my head I would make a lot of enemies. All I wanted to say was "Isn't the fact that your double chin is resting on your tits enough motivation?"
    Link to the most lack-luster build in MR history

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Ihatecars's Avatar
    Drives
    91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    I wanted something rwd, Japanese, and decently fuel efficient.
    After a few different cars that fit those criteria I ended up with a Miata.
    I'm really enjoying almost every aspect of the car.

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Got tired of working on my Fiat and Lancias more than driving them...............

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast