Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021222324252868 ... LastLast

Thread: This ain't no build thread!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    Pulled the wideband O2 sensor and calibrated it, then put it back in where I used to run it. I had previously moved it just downstream of the header outlet for ease of access, but I'm not 100% sure that was a good location. Tested the cruise control but it still isn't working, so I'll have to dig into it to find out what the problem is.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (09-25-2014)

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Hyper's Avatar
    Drives
    Black NB Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    Pulled the wideband O2 sensor and calibrated it, then put it back in where I used to run it. I had previously moved it just downstream of the header outlet for ease of access, but I'm not 100% sure that was a good location. Tested the cruise control but it still isn't working, so I'll have to dig into it to find out what the problem is.
    read the FM's intructions, the 02 sensor needs to be placed in an angle position and not too far from the cylinder head.

With such an awesome ride who needs cruise control dude??

Thanks Given
    I have the sensor installed correctly. I just tried a different location. Also, if you install it too close to the header you won't be reading all the cylinders' gases.

Cruise is for long trips on the freeway. I'm 6'01" and need to move my legs around some.

After my last dive into the exhaust, I had some contact between the front flange on the Roadster Sport midpipe and the butterfly brace (evidenced by some vibration). Dropped the front of the brace down today and did a little clearancing between the two. Nothing like an angle grinder! Just got back from a short test drive and all is well.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

Thanks Given
    Back to work now. Since I don't want my wife to get lax while I'm gone, I bought a set of the CarbonMiata seatbelt extenders the other day. Right now if you remember to lay the seatbelt over the side bolster on the Recaro when you get out it's easy finding it when you get back in. If not, then occasionally you have to open the door back up to get the belt out. These should make her happy.

Finally got my hands on a complete gauge cluster for a reasonable price. Besides just having some spare gauges lying around, I can now get a proper oil pressure gauge and install it using the adapter I got. With the spare OPG I can send it along with the face off the aftermarket gauge to RevLimiter and have him make me a matching gauge face (for those of you who don't know, the 2000 SE gauge faces are a light beige color).

Since pictures are welcomed, here's one of my new ship.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chiefmg; 11-23-2014 at 06:51 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (12-12-2021)

Thanks Given
    Finally laid hands on a Beatrush rear diff brace. Curious to see how things will feel with it since I already have that 949Racing rear subframe brace.

Thanks Given
    Made it back home yesterday. It's just a wee bit cold here at the moment so nothing is going to get done. I did open the Beatrush brace (nice piece) and the seatbelt extenders (also nice). I'll be digging the instrument cluster out tomorrow, I have to get the wife's 8 started and fire the Miata up as well.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift Demon I Am's Avatar
    Drives
    No-ata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 851 Posts
    Welcome home, buddy!

Thanks Given
    Thanks man.

Just pulled the trigger on a new headunit. Saw a Bluetooth radio on eBay a few weeks ago that came out of a Miata which put the idea in my head. After using the BT capable radio in our CX-5, it's nice to be able to access all my music without worrying about carrying a bunch of CDs. The wife agreed so I paid a visit to Crutchfield. I'll post a picture of what I bought when it's in hand. I will say it's a double DIN unit, somewhat stock looking but it does have a removable faceplate for extra security.

Thanks Given
    I removed the 'charger belt and fired her up today for the first time in a while. Wanted to do more but the temperatures are still not conducive to that.

Here's a picture of the spare instrument cluster I bought while away. It doesn't really show the beige faces well, but you get the idea.

Thanks Given
    Set a new personal low driving temperature today (around 25 degrees). Decided to go to Fuel for cars & coffee, while it was a little too brisk to travel all the way into Cincy topless I did go to my storage to pick up the hard top. Cold temps, crappy road surfaces, older Toyo T1Rs and a supercharger meant instant wheelspin whenever I wanted it. Fun times.

When I got home I installed the CarbonMiata seat belt extenders. They went in with no problems, however the seat belts don't retract properly now. I'm going to see if having the belts that accessible outweighs the inconvenience of the retraction issue. I then went about getting the wiring harness together for the new radio. Got that all done only to find out I had no output. Looking at the drawings, I no longer have a power input to the Bose amp. I think I can move an unused wire from another connector in order to fix this but I have to do some more research. I'll post pictures when I get it all working.

Thanks Given
    Got the radio harness figured out. Turns out the wire I needed (blue/white) is in the connector that '99-00 doesn't use. I was able to coax the pin out of the connector and then put it into the correct spot on the connector I use (the blurry picture below, I got the location off Miata.net). Then all I had to do was solder it to the power wire coming out of the radio connector (also blue/white).

Now all I have to do is figure out how to connect the antenna so it only powers up if the radio is on, and connect the radio to my dimmer circuit. I am also going to make some better side brackets out of steel so the radio is more secure than it is with the plastic brackets included with the kit. Here's how it looks installed:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chiefmg; 03-08-2015 at 11:50 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to chiefmg For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (05-28-2015)

Thanks Given
    Bought a set of slightly used Ohlins. Anxious to see how they ride compared to the VMaxx.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefmg View Post
    Bought a set of slightly used Ohlins. Anxious to see how they ride compared to the VMaxx.
    Ohlins = baller status .......

Thanks Given
    Yeah, I'm pretty happy about getting them. They shipped today but I have to wait until next week for them to show up.

Loving this warmer weather we are having. Pulled the 'charger off so I could fit up the 4-2-1 header I bought while I was gone. It looks to be a Cobalt unit, when I received it there was some sort of header wrap on it. I removed that to find discoloration on the metal. I cleaned it up some the other day with a wire wheel, I could probably do more but decided the time spent wasn't worth it considering it isn't a show car nor will it be seen. I put it in place to check fitment, mainly interference with the front factory crossbrace. I was happy to see there was none, which tells me the previous one I had was most likely for a 1.8 NA. I then checked the 'charger mounting bracket for interference and found that the O2 bung someone had added to the #1 cylinder pipe wouldn't let it move into place. That has now been dropped off at the local welding shop I use to have that removed. I was hoping to have that back today so I could button it all back up but they never called.

Thanks Given
    I dropped off the wheels after finding out the S-Drives I ordered last week would be in this afternoon. Picked up the header from the welder, they basically just cropped off the top of the bung and welded it shut. There is a little bit of it sticking inside the pipe but I don't have anything right now to get in there and grind it out, so I'm leaving it. Got that installed, it is a proper NB header as there is plenty of clearance around all the chassis bits. I couldn't go any further as the O-ring at the base of the dipstick broke so I have to replace that. While she is in the air I went ahead and installed the Beatrush PPF brace. Pretty easy to do, took me maybe 10 minutes not including pictures. Yes I have some, but I have to get ready for date night so posting them will have to wait until I can get them dumped out of the camera.

Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718192021222324252868 ... LastLast