Thread: 2013 Mazdaspeed3: A Front-Wheel Drive Muscle Car? - Ignition Episode 56

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone MRnewsBot's Avatar
    Drives
    Mazda News
    Thanks Given

Post 2013 Mazdaspeed3: A Front-Wheel Drive Muscle Car? - Ignition Episode 56

2013 Mazdaspeed3: A Front-Wheel Drive Muscle Car? - Ignition Episode 56

On this episode of Ignition, Carlos Lago discovers the charms of Mazda's "front drive muscle car", the Mazdaspeed3.
    Simple yet brutish, this hot hatch has more than enough power on tap, but is there more to its personality?

Ignition appears every Monday on the Motor Trend youtube channel. http://www.youtube.com/motortrend
    I am your Mazda News Bot!

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone SM16RMSM's Avatar
    Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    That's how I would describe the Speed3. I could never point my figure on what type of car the Speed3 is. Plus, the clutch is really on/off. Two years later, I still haven't figured the damn clutch out. It so quick and quirky feeling. It a fun car, period.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.” ― Jordan Belfort

The Daily Driven Warrior - A MSM Build Thread

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power maharaj's Avatar
    Drives
    angry
    Thanks Given
    Phat, your thoughts?

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Being a new owner I'm still learning the car, but when you are in boost it's ridiculously fast, I would compare it to being shot out of a cannon hahaha.

It will pin you back into the seat just like my V8 Olds442 used to. I've been trying to go easy on it though because in full boost the gas mileage goes out the window. And in order to drive at a normal speed you might have to try shifting like this; 1,3,5, 6th hahahaha

But the Mazdaspeed3 will really put a smile on your face, and it will surprise a lot of unsuspecting folks on the road of just how fast it really is.

Here is mine.............

A lot of folks will tell you the front has a goofy smile, but if you go test drive one you will also have a goofy smile on your face, its that silly amount of horsepower and torque that just makes you want to laugh.

The car is built in Japan just like the Miata so there is a lot of aftermarket parts available for it already. I'm trying to be good and not spend money on this car as it is my daily driver, but they have some really cool stuff for this car. time will tell.