Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new Mazdarati

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts

My new Mazdarati

*This is not a build or a review, just a happy thread.

Looked at lots of cars from Honda to Hyundai but kept coming back to Mazda, go figure. Checked out lots of 3s including Speed3s but at this time, they're 2013s. Besides, with an NB and a Z in the stable, the priority was for a comfy DD and highway cruiser with full warranty, reliability and no issues I have to spend money on. This is a 2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with all the bells and whistles including the "Soul Red" premium paint (that's hard to tell how magnificent it is on this overcast day).

It was up against a Genesis Coupe with it's powerful V6 but being a dated design and the Mazda being a brand new "Kodo" design, I opted for this instead. It has a 2.5l Skyactive, direct-injected motor which won't be known for its power but it does get up and go, especially with the paddle shifters. Look for the 2014 Mazda 3 to adopt a similar front and the ND Miata to take some visual cues as well.

Yeah, it's just a Mazda 6 but everything about it is just right: nimble, comfortable, great mileage and styling that has everyone calling it a "Mazdarati."

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Looks very Nice Yata!!!!

Idling - Listen to it purr... JB 94 Laguna's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Laguna Blue
    Thanks Given
    I like them, but I still can't get over how big the new 6 and Fusion are in person.
    Jay 94 A Laguna A Package 02 525i Sport 03 Black Kawi 636

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift theothersawyer's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Classic Red
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 734 Posts
    Beautiful!!!! I love the new 6's!!!

Thanks Given
    This thing is awesome! The headlights turn ahead of the steering wheel, the wipers go faster when it detects heavier rain (something that I found out today), side mirror obstruction indicators, radar-controlled cruise control and if you're busy posting to MR.net while driving, it'll brake for you to avoid an accident.

If you're backing out of a parking spot and you're flanked by tall vehicles, it'll give you an audible alert for any douche that sees you backing out but decides to keep going.

The best part is the rear view camera which besides its high-resolution, wide angle view, also helps you scope out female eye candy. See a hot babe about to walk past behind you? Just put in reverse and enjoy the view.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch MiataMatt's Avatar
    Drives
    93 Miata - Blue
    Thanks Given
    Now if that backup babe detector had one of those screens so it looks all blurry to my girlfriend in the passenger seat, I'd be sold.

Thanks Given
    Who cares? Just put it in reverse and deny everything.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift I<3flippyheadlights's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Spirited Green Miata!
    Thanks Given
    Car looks great! Did they not have yellow?
    1990 Miata, she was red but now she is Spirit Green!

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....d-a-love-story <--- build thread!

Also check out the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/IHeartFlippyHeadlights !!! Its a facebook page dedicated to the awesomeness which is flippyheadlights! Not me, but the actual headlights! High time someone noticed how awesome these things are; check it out!

Thanks Given
    Hell no. You know that was the first question I asked.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone SM16RMSM's Avatar
    Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    IMHO, I really like it. I think the styling is dead on and its futuristic look is the best. The Mazda6 is going in the right direction. A V6 Skyactive option would be nice to have instead of the 2.5L I4 motor. But the 2.5L doesn't hurt and the MPG is nice. Its not a bad car. But its the wrong color for Yata. It doesn't have enough yellow in it.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.” ― Jordan Belfort

The Daily Driven Warrior - A MSM Build Thread

Thanks Given
    Honestly, that was the one thing that I was debating between the Genesis Coupe and this one. I liked the 300+ hp of the Genesis but I had to keep in mind my priorities which is to not have to spend $5 in fuel every time I go to Taco Bell.

I needed a mileage miser but didn't want a Civic, hence the Mazda6. It doesn't have break-neck power but... this thing really winds up after 3500rpm. It's no slouch like the Accord I just traded in. The Accord is a nice car but no Vtech yo and what a boat on the highway. It's really evolutionary and boring whereas the Mazda6 is revolutionary. The V6 Accord coupe is very nice though.

If there's any consolation, the Mazda6 turbo diesel should be hitting the dealerships any time now. Moar torque but higher fuel costs. No regrets here. Like I said, I needed a nice DD and I already have a track star and a HP beast in the stable.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Thanks Given
    Nice car! I'm hopelessly waiting that Mazda North America would bring the new 6 wagon into the continent. That's the car I want. I'd trade my CX9 in for it in a heartbeat.

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,233 Times in 531 Posts
    I hear you can get PlastiDip in yellow...

I agree that the new 6 is nice. The front end has had to grow on me, but otherwise I think it's sharp. The wife and I are waiting to see if the rumored coupe comes out, if so and they give us a Mazdaspeed version I'll be trading in my Speed6 for one.
    '00 SE, intercooled BRP MP62, Reverant MS2, Ohlins DFV, Konig Flatout (now X 2)
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    This ain't no build thread!

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power maharaj's Avatar
    Drives
    angry
    Thanks Given
    When does it go to the paint shop?

Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Mazda did a great job going from the previous body style to this. I loved the first gen 6s but the second ones were not my cup of tea. But this is definitely something I can drive and enjoy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast