Small update since Friday was more of a garage cleaning day. Pushed the car out to clean the garage up since it looked like a bomb went off in there since the car was originally pushed in

Got the car back in and sealed up the fan shroud with some self-adhesive and expanding weatherstripping. I hope the adhesive on here will hold up to heat, it was super sticky so I'm not too concerned but it'll be something I keep an eye on as time goes by. Also did a strip at the top of the rad and rad support to seal that up. Need to work on sealing everything else up between the bumper, intercooler, oil cooler, and radiator.

Battery and meth pump mounted.

Started going through the old harness labeling all the connectors and started peeling back the old loom and electrical tape.

I've been trying to decide the best way to do this harness. The fact that our cars don't have a separate engine harness is kind of annoying because I really don't see a need in messing with the chassis harness, it's just my engine harness I wasn't happy with because of how many times it's been spliced into and the unreliable signals I was getting (like my super noisy TPS that couldn't be fixed before).

I also do not need any of the airbag wiring which runs through the entire harness so that's another thing.

Now I'm not even going to try to hide the fact that I'm new to wiring. I've done little things here and there but I've never done anything this major. But what I'd like to do is run all new wiring for everything from the firewall forward and then obviously wire up gauges and switches on the interior on a separate sub-harness. Basically I want to end up with a separate engine harness if possible, or as close to that as I can get.

This will also let me delete any unnecessary wiring and hide/cleanly run any wires that I actually need.

I have no idea how long I should expect this project to take me but it is the last step in this entire build so I'm really excited about that.

Got the harness all labeled, peeled back the old tape and loom, and took out all the airbag wiring. Tomorrow I'll probably start de-pinning the connectors I'll be using and maybe start running the new wires.

My "workbench" for this entire process. Would be nice to have something a bit bigger but it'll do

Stripped down OEM harness w/ out airbag wiring

The pile of garbage that came off the old harness. This is just the tape, loom, and airbag wiring. There will still be a bunch of wiring that'll get deleted since I don't need it anymore. (potatocam)

Quote Originally Posted by BoostedSmurf View Post
Still need to
- respray and actually install VC
- brake lines
- clutch line
- fuel pressure regulator & lines from rail and to return - all fittings ordered
- [S]turbo water lines[/S]
- [S]seal the fan shroud[/S]
- finish up catch can lines
- fire sleeve heater core lines - DEI fire sleeve ordered
- [S]mount battery[/S]
- [S]mount meth pump[/S]/run meth line
- [S]crank sensor & [/S]modify CAS
- spark plugs & wires