Thread: Flyin 92's "Modern-Classic" build thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Flyin 92's Avatar
    Drives
    White '92
    Thanks Given

Flyin 92's "Modern-Classic" build thread

Apparently I didn't update my last build thread enough so it go deleted lol I'll try not to let it happen again. I'm sure a lot of you have seen my "build" on CR, but for those of you who haven't..... you haven't missed much. I'll give the nitty gritty condensed version. Let's get this show on the road. A few of the pics aren't going to be in order, but they do do a better job at representing the changes.

Here's a little background on my '92 Crystal White B-package. Her name is Kimi, which in Japanese means "She who is without equal". Thought it was a neat name as I don't feel I'll ever have an attachment to another car like I do with her. She's my first and only car that I've owned since I was 16. She was the first car I ever drove. No sooner did I turn 14 did my dad take me to the HS parking lot to teach me how to drive a manual. After that it was only a matter of time until I could driver on public roads. She remained stock as a rock until I could find I job that would pay me enough to start adding mods and whatnot.

Fast forward to 2009 and this is how she sat. Cheap wheels in both cost (free) and quality, TSIs (sold), 1028 mirrors (sold), F/R R-pkg lips, Carbing vertical tow hook and few miscellaneous interior bits.

Jump ahead to 2011. Most of the mods were the same with the addition of Runabout S800 mirrors and shory mud flaps. This is one of the last pics I took before I went to AF basic training in August of 2011.

After basic I spent a few months at Keesler AFB, MS for tech school. I went home for a few days over Christmas break and installed Revlimiter's Revolver gauges and a KGW cluster. Then I was off to the Azores, Portugal for my first duty location. Came home in August of '12 for some R&R and installed a few goodies I ordered and take a first look at the ones that were installed before I got home. One of my favorite additions to this day are the 14x6.5 et 14.5 Mag Wats I picked up from Kung Fu Jesus. I also had my HDHCDDHT installed.

Wats still in the box.... yeah...... I creamed myself

On the car.

Here's a shot of the Revlimiter HVAC panel, Rspeed vent rings (brushed), RS Products toggle switches and my awesome VooDoo knob.

The gauges and KGW panel. I will admit I stole that combo from Sharka.

And one final shot of the car with my brother's Leggy 5-spd GT before I headed back to Europe.

And that's where the picture taking and fun ends

Here's a list and few pics of the parts I've acquired since August.

Dope JDM floor mats to replace my worn out stock shizz, Runabout Type-1 fuel lid and a virtually brand new Nardi Classic wheel with black spokes. I haven't seen the floor mats or fuel lid installed. I'll install the Nardi when I get home. My brother is supposed to send pics sometime soon so I can see and whore out the new steeze.

The next big ticket item I'm going to install when I get home are the FCM coils I ordered yesterday. After talking with Shaikh we settled on 500/350 lb springs (9k/6k). I'm going to pair them with a tubular RB front sway and decide whether or not to keep the rear.

I'm hoping my next update will have pics of the new stuff. Like I said, it will be the first time I've seen them on the car. Until then I'll be continuing to the pass the time getting everything in order so I can get ready to leave. I'm headed to Hurlburt Field after this so if any of you 850 guys are in the area hit me up. I would be nice to meet some new miata people and go to meets and whatnot.
    Quote Originally Posted by zacatac View Post
    If I said the things in my head I would make a lot of enemies. All I wanted to say was "Isn't the fact that your double chin is resting on your tits enough motivation?"
    Link to the most lack-luster build in MR history

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flyin 92 For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (12-30-2015),Phatmiata (04-26-2014)