Well I've been working towards this for a while, but I now have a Pitcrew of my very own... it needs a bit of work, but should turn out pretty nice... eventually .....

So here's the first look I got at it... wasn't sure what to expect as I'd only ever seen pics of it that had been photoshopped...

That exhaust / rear bumper is lovely!!

There was one main reason I wanted this car though

As you can see, the weather was about as bad as it could have been, but I'm still really pleased... so yes, I have a Pitcrew, and its been done nicely so far. Usually there is a really lame cutout in the bonnet where the headlight lids sit, which looks so wrong against the retro curves of this front end. This one has a Garage Vary bonnet (so now I have two of them!!) and the headlight lids have been removed, and some fibreglass extensions glassed into the bonnet. The curve of the front end looks a lot better as its meant for a Mk2!

The carbon fibre NACA ducts are really nice, but I'm not 100% sure if they fit the retro car? No rush to make a decision on that though!! The front end is not fully bonded onto the wings etc, so I can remove it and fully check / rustproof the car before finalising it.

So we loaded it on, didn't scrape it on the ramps as it went on which I'm pleased about as it has been lowered. Even as we were loading it, people were doing a second take as they drove past!!

And so to the rest of the car... the exhaust and rear bumper is obviously a custom addition, the ducktail has been blended in nicely and its an Autokonexion one. The Hard top is ratty on the outside, but has been lined with grey alcantara... there is no dash or interior, but thats perfect as I want to make it 50s / 60s if possible, so a blank sheet is ideal. The engine and mechanicals worked when it last ran, but that was about 2008 so we'll go round and check everything then chuck it in for an MOT and see how it does.

Excited? Me? ... there is lots of work to do before I can drive it, I don't exactly see that as a downside though

Russell.