Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project Galaxy

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Calebbel's Avatar
    Drives
    2006 Galaxy Gray Miata
    Thanks Given
    You're probably reading this thinking "Wow he's had those coilovers all summer, I bet hes finally got them on" Well you'd be very wrong. This summer has been pretty busy for me, I'm getting ready for college and just trying to enjoy my summer before school starts up, which brings me to the point of this post. VACATION! You see it was looking like I wasn't going anywhere this summer but then my best friends family decided to head for Folly Beach and I got invited to go. Unfortunately for all of us my friends sister was the one that booked us a beach house down there so we showed up to this place sight unseen.

Needless to say her parents were less than happy with what they had paid for.
    The guy that takes care of the place for the owner lives next door in this camper

The front porch was covered in things that made us all want to get tetanus shots

I honestly wish I had taken pictures of the inside but really pictures don't do this place justice.
    Oddly enough this little island we were on was actually mostly covered by mansions with two other little shacks like ours, a restaurant and a dock at the end which had a very nice view of the marsh are Folly

We spent a lot of time on the beach

and Savannah and I drove down to Myrtle for a day and did basically everything you can do there including feed some fish at Broadway at the Beach.

Overall I had a pretty good time. The Miata did well on her first long trip and was much more comfortable over the long distance than my NB was. To get back on the topic of car modding though I should have the coilovers on next week and I can't wait, I'm tired of having a car thats "practical" haha.

Drives
    2006 Galaxy Gray Miata
    Thanks Given
    Drum roll please...

This is what we have all been waiting for...

Finally the coilovers are on the car and I honestly I could not be happier. I had heard that replacing the factory NC suspension really changes the car and now I know exactly what they mean.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone SM16RMSM's Avatar
    Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Calebbel View Post
    I picked up some of this stuff

I didn't think it would be as big of an improvement as its turned out to be but this stuff is pretty darn amazing and I'd highly recommend it.
    BEST FLUID EVER!
    I was recommended to get this for the MSM. When I did the MR Short Shifter kit install, I also swap the old fluid out and pour this magic stuff into the tranny. It won't fit your miss shift habits but it will definitely improve the feel of shifting.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.” ― Jordan Belfort

The Daily Driven Warrior - A MSM Build Thread

Drives
    2006 Galaxy Gray Miata
    Thanks Given
    That stuffs pretty amazing, I didn't expect it to feel SO much better with it in the tranny.

Drives
    2006 Galaxy Gray Miata
    Thanks Given
    A very small but bright update.
    I got about 5 packs of these in the mail

I had really been wanting to change the parking and license plate lights to something that would match the headlights a bit more and when I saw a bunch of these for cheap I figured I give them a shot.

As you can see they aren't an exact match they are a bit more blue that the headlights but I still like them a lot more than the factory color.
    I didn't get a picture of the rear lights so hopefully you can just imagine what they look like.
    Hopefully my new fog light bulbs come some time this coming week so I can finish up the lighting.

Drives
    2006 Galaxy Gray Miata
    Thanks Given
    So I finally got my new fog lights in the mail but unfortunately I've found that the LEDs don't seem to work well in the housing. They basically just glow yellow now and are useless as fog lights for now so I'll have to get something different. Heres some pics

On a much better note and as anyone who follows me on Instagram has already seen. I've ordered wheels and tires!

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone SM16RMSM's Avatar
    Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    I found that yellow tint works best for fog lights. On the side note, where did u get the LED from?
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.” ― Jordan Belfort

The Daily Driven Warrior - A MSM Build Thread

Drives
    2006 Galaxy Gray Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by SM16RMSM View Post
    I found that yellow tint works best for fog lights. On the side note, where did u get the LED from?
    I got it off ebay but I can't remember the store. I had the yellow laminx on my NB but still had to get yellow bulbs for it to look how I wanted it to. I'm still not sure if I want them to be yellow on the outside or just have them light up yellow.

Drives
    2006 Galaxy Gray Miata
    Thanks Given
    Hmmm well will you look at that.

I really didn't expect them here so fast.
    Got them on the car and I honestly could not be happier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12