Thread: Power Steering Pulley Delete

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! johnfett's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 SE Miata
    Thanks Given

Power Steering Pulley Delete

Can someone tell me the benefits of this item? I see it states you have more room in the engine bay, but what other benefits or drawbacks are there? I wanted to buy this item last night but there was just not enough info I guess, and I was too slow and missed out.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! johnfett's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 SE Miata
    Thanks Given
    here is the part I am talking about.

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....ey-delete-sold

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BlitzWing's Avatar
    Drives
    94 RS-Ltd
    Thanks Given
    I seen it as well. I know a lot of guys over on MK5 nuts love doing PS deletes with the pump gone and a non-PS rack in place you save wight and if your going turbo you can gain some room for piping.

Personally I'm not sure why its needed. I assume that with the pump removed even if you had the right belt for the AC unit alone you could not tension it as from what I can tell the AC is fixed in one location. So I have to ask if your removing the PS to save weight why no also remove the AC?

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Hyper's Avatar
    Drives
    Black NB Miata
    Thanks Given
    Shipped today I will email a tracking number to the buyer.

Note: I may have another one for sale soon. If interested just reply to this thread

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Hyper's Avatar
    Drives
    Black NB Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzWing View Post
    I seen it as well. I know a lot of guys over on MK5 nuts love doing PS deletes with the pump gone and a non-PS rack in place you save wight and if your going turbo you can gain some room for piping.

Personally I'm not sure why its needed. I assume that with the pump removed even if you had the right belt for the AC unit alone you could not tension it as from what I can tell the AC is fixed in one location. So I have to ask if your removing the PS to save weight why no also remove the AC?
    with the power steering pump you have little space to route intercooler pipes on that side of the engine. Remember you have coolant lines and the PE filling reservoir, corresponding lines power steering lines running on that side of the engine. With the Power Steering pulley delete all that is removed. you can look under my signature my thread Hyperspeed Works the Pulley Delete in my engine.