'91 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Welcome back!!! Love this build...

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Sorry for your troubles Alex but glad to see you getting time to work on War Machine! Love that name by the way!
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (03-01-2017)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! SpeedWorks's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 miata; current build
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave737 View Post
    Welcome back!!! Love this build...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greasemonkey2000 View Post
    Sorry for your troubles Alex but glad to see you getting time to work on War Machine! Love that name by the way!
    I'm very glad that things are getting better and very happy to have some time to get back to the project. I've got a lot of new stuff coming up soon, but I don't have anything to post just yet. Oh and as for the name, just wait until the car is done, then you will see how the name truly fits.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! turboedpickup's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Miata
    Thanks Given
    I'll say it again...I hate finding new AMAZING build threads... just read through all of it in one sitting. Just wow. Amazing work. Not that I was there previously - but regardless, glad you're back!

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Hyper's Avatar
    Drives
    Black NB Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by turboedpickup View Post
    I'll say it again...I hate finding new AMAZING build threads... just read through all of it in one sitting. Just wow. Amazing work. Not that I was there previously - but regardless, glad you're back!
    lol, the age ratio of the members in this forum is possibly in the Mid-Thirties and Forties. I can name a few... we owned miatas for a long time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hyper For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (03-16-2016)

Drives
    '91 miata; current build
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by turboedpickup View Post
    Thanks for saying my build is amazing. I try to build things the way I like but doing it right the first time. And thanks for the welcome back.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
    lol, the age ratio of the members in this forum is possibly in the Mid-Thirties and Forties. I can name a few... we owned miatas for a long time.
    And some of us Miata noobs are at the upper end of that age range having missed many years of enjoying the cult of the MX-5 .

SpeedWorks - absolutely blown away by your build! I don't expect I'll ever have the capabilities to tackle most of what you're doing but am totally inspired.

Drives
    '91 miata; current build
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Proyea View Post
    And some of us Miata noobs are at the upper end of that age range having missed many years of enjoying the cult of the MX-5 .

SpeedWorks - absolutely blown away by your build! I don't expect I'll ever have the capabilities to tackle most of what you're doing but am totally inspired.
    Thank you so much. Your words simply encourage me even further to build this car the way i've wanted to the entire time.

Drives
    '91 miata; current build
    Thanks Given
    Hey everyone,

So not much actual progress but got some more parts in for stuff i'm working on for the build.

I'm putting together an oil cooler setup and here is the first piece of the puzzle.

I also got a bunch of stuff to start work on my custom coolant reservoir:

I also got these components in for another modification to the bracing on the car.

And these will be part of a new control arm setup as well:

And lastly, some switches for a panel i'm working on as well.

As you can tell, i've got alot of fabrication stuff going on and hope to have alot of these small projects wrapped up very soon.

Well, stay tuned for more posts. I will post as much as I can with any progress I make in the coming weeks.

thanks for following my build.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SpeedWorks For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (03-01-2017),Dave737 (07-28-2016),kung fu jesus (07-28-2016),MiataQuest (07-31-2016),Phatmiata (07-29-2016),Slampen (07-29-2016)

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    An oil cooler is in my future plans, too.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

Slampen (07-29-2016)

Drives
    '91 miata; current build
    Thanks Given
    Another quick update for the build.

I was needing one last piece to complete my gauge cluster setup, a reset button in aluminum. I didn't like any of the ones on the market so I contacted RetroModern and had them make something for my setup. I'm happy to have this custom piece to complete my cluster and i'll have it installed soon.

The other piece i'm really happy to have received is a pigtail connector for my upcoming custom hazard/pop up light button setup. I couldn't find this connector anywhere, but RevLimiter was gracious enough to help me out and sell me a pigtail setup. I'll post pictures of the completed setup once I have all the parts and get it all together.

Well, stay watching this thread as i'm hoping to have more updates soon.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to SpeedWorks For This Useful Post:

HarryB (07-31-2016)

Drives
    '91 miata; current build
    Thanks Given
    Hey everyone, well it has been some time since I posted and I finally found some time to get back to updating this thread. Not much work has been done, but definitely more parts have come.

I had been wanting a certain style oil cap for quite some time and just couldn't find what I wanted, so I commissioned this piece to be made just for me.

I also powdercoated my valve cover after cutting the front and shaving, shaping, smoothing and adding necessary fittings.

And to match the powdercoat on the valve cover, I powdercoated my cam gear washers as well.

Then I moved onto a project i've been wanting to work on forever. I finally got around to making my own modern styled hazard/pop up switch panel. There is a full plug and play harness I made for this, but I don't have a picture of it.

I then picked up this little piece to add to the hydraulic e-brake that I already purchased.

And I powdercoated the lever and handle for the hydraulic e-brake as well.

Then I went on a powdercoat frenzy and did a nice batch of parts for various areas of the car.

exterior door handles:

frankenstein plates:

coolant reroute water necks:

coolant and egr block off plates:

interior door handles:

I was also able to pick up an upgraded throttle body for my setup. I love this one.

Once I had the throttle body, I had this nice spacer made up for something I have planned for later on.

With the new throttle body in hand, I figured it was time to start working on porting my intake manifold.

Here is the before shot of one of the runners:

and the after shot, although I still have some more work to do:

and the throttle body end:

I've got a whole bunch of other stuff coming up in the next few weeks and i'll try to snap some pics and post up any progress.

Thanks for paying attention to my build.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SpeedWorks For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (03-01-2017),Greasemonkey2000 (03-01-2017),NCGreasemonkey (03-01-2017),RustRat (03-01-2017),theothersawyer (02-28-2017)

Drives
    '91 miata; current build
    Thanks Given
    So here is another part i've been working on for the build and I can now say they are done and to my liking.

I took a spare set of rear upper control arms and made them adjustable. I don't know how many degrees of adjustment I have with these, but I do know that I can shorten the arms by .75" and lengthen them 1.25" from stock. The hardware used to make them adjustable and the welding work done are more than necessary, so they should hold up just fine. And to top off all the great work, they were sandblasted and powder coated.

These will make a great addition to the suspension setup.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SpeedWorks For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (04-02-2017),HarryB (04-03-2017),MiataQuest (04-02-2017),oldgrayleather (04-03-2017),Paul B (04-03-2017),Rogue (04-02-2017),theothersawyer (04-03-2017)

Drives
    '91 miata; current build
    Thanks Given
    So I just noticed that all the pictures on my thread are back up. I guess photobucket is working again for posting pictures.

With that said, I'll be updating my thread soon with some new stuff i've gotten for the car as well as the little bit of progress i've made recently.

Stay tuned

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SpeedWorks For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (07-07-2018)

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213141516