Quote Originally Posted by Shandelle View Post
The tubes are not as long as they appear. The base tube is 18" and the connecting tube is 8" The calculated torsion of the base tube according to material and length is .002. The connecting tube and gussets narrow the actually tube lengths to around 6". By bringing them together in the central location you spread the load/transfer evenly across the fender area. Torsion is key and square tubing provides better torsional properties than that of plate or rectangular tubing. The braces are held extremely close to the body. So close a small area of extra seam needs to be trimmed or bent to fit. The others that I have seen move the braces outward up to 3/4" reducing their torsion factor. According to my figures there was greater torsional value by building a tighter fitting brace with central load distribution.

Our braces weigh in at 3lbs per side. I'm not sure what the weights are for others.
Well i think that clears everything up. Im a buyer. Was going to get the garage star ones but they are further out ( which I actually never thought about.) Closeness is also a factor *insert math here* for torsional rigidly.

Nice post in response to my wildly accusational and sensationalised post.

Lol.