Quote Originally Posted by JamieH View Post
I know of a few solutions to this problem.

1. You flip them from one side to the other and put them in backwards. To do this you'll have to drill into the body of the car in order for the pem nuts to pass through and then you'll need to stack washers slightly taller than the pem nuts on the inside in order for the bolts to hold them in place.

2. You cut the pem nuts off with a dremel or similar tool and just use regular nuts and bolts.

3. You cut the offending pem nuts down in size to clear the panel.

I did the 3rd option, I may be the only person to have done so. Once I had the adapter plates bolted in place, I used a dremel to cut the nuts and bolts down that were causing the issue.

It should be the bottom inside nut/bolt of each plate that is causing the issue. In this pic you can see the one on the driver's side (US). This is looking in from the opening for the reverse light.

JamieH, extremely helpful and just the type of information I came on this forum looking for. I appreciate you taking the time to write this up - if you posted this info somewhere before, I apologize for missing it. Its good to know it wasn't a one-off fitment issue.

The tip on the covers and sealant are duly noted.